News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Ivory 354

Started by Gilas, July 31, 2012, 06:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilas

I recently bought an Ivory 354 that looked to be in good shape online.  When I received it I found that it was even in better shape than I hoped.  All parts inside have matching dates and I can find no cracks anywhere stress or otherwise.  There was some minor scuffs that I was able to get out and also some minor fading which after following the links here on bleaching came right out.  I thought I would post a picture of the work so far.  I still have to go over it with some novus and polish etc but I think that it looks good so far.

TelePlay

Is that a painted white black handset or a white handset?

Gilas

LOL I see what you are talking about.  White handset.  The black you see would be from my grimy hand  ;D.  Like I said still needs polished etc but really a beautiful phone.  I think that the only thing not dated 1955 on it is the cord which has a 57 clip on it.

Doug Rose

WOW!! Another beauty. Outstanding...no fades....you are on a roll...Doug
Kidphone

Jester

Very nice!!  I like the way the sun glints off that bright chrome hook.  My example is a little older and the hook is bright nickel-- not as dazzling as your example.  It really sets the rest of the phone off.  Is your handset cord cloth?  I couldn't tell for sure from the picture.
Stephen

Dennis Markham

Very nice, Mike!  It almost looks like that dial card may have been turned over to display the back side.  Is there anything on the other side?  Nice find.

Gilas

Jester the cord is not cloth. It's a thick rubber coiled cord that is VERY long. It's not stretched and in great shape just seems to be long as heck. 

Dennis I'll check the card when I get up after graveyard. Now that you mention it it does appear that it was probably turned over. No clue why I didn't check it out to begin with.