News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Running without a transmitter

Started by mmd, June 02, 2010, 04:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmd

Well the phone court thing went sorta ok.  All was well until the  INTERNET went out, knocking out the VoIP service and line going dead.  Then call got forward to cell phone only for the cell phone to somehow link the court with my freakin voicemail!!  (3 way calling).

Now I really do miss an old fashion land line, where this would NOT have happened.
Brandon
Western Electric 302, 500

rp2813

Long live POTS!

Unfortunately, that *cough* rings hollow these days, but I'll be keeping my POTS line for as long as my local provider continues to offer it.

Oh, and I used to pull the T1's out of 500's all the time to eavesdrop on my sister's calls.  Not to protect her.  Just to annoy her, because she'd usually manage to catch me.
Ralph

Dan

I am to very loyal to Cincinnati Bell, both @ work and @ home.

In 2008, when Hurricaine Ike blew through and left many without power for days into weeks, my landline phones (not cordless) were passed around to the family who had POTS but only cordless (or cell phones). Unfortunalely,  the younger generations are becoming cell phone only folks, with no landline service.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Holtzer-Cabot

Quote from: Dan on June 05, 2010, 12:55:09 AM
I am to very loyal to Cincinnati Bell, both @ work and @ home.

In 2008, when Hurricaine Ike blew through and left many without power for days into weeks, my landline phones (not cordless) were passed around to the family who had POTS but only cordless (or cell phones). Unfortunalely,  the younger generations are becoming cell phone only folks, with no landline service.
I am 14, and I will always have a POTS line! I will always continue to use my phones, right now I am using my 1961 Western Electric model 500!
Western Electric - A unit of the Bell System and main supplier of AT&T since 1882! -15 year old phone collector!