and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

CRPF Award for "Worst Picture of an eBay auction item"

Started by AE_Collector, December 06, 2010, 01:33:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on February 15, 2015, 12:21:38 AM
How 'bout offering $6.50 opening bid for...uhh...whatever this is... :-\ :o

Still waiting for the link. The seller had to have taken several prints and physically cut them apart to re-arrange to pieces. But to what end, to get attention for a so-so black phone?

See the re-arranged back together photos above.

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: TelePlay on February 15, 2015, 06:28:44 PM
Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on February 15, 2015, 12:21:38 AM
How 'bout offering $6.50 opening bid for...uhh...whatever this is... :-\ :o

Still waiting for the link. The seller had to have taken several prints and physically cut them apart to re-arrange to pieces. But to what end, to get attention for a so-so black phone?

See the re-arranged back together photos above.
Sorry! I forgot to insert the link when I posted the picture, and I exited out of the page before you asked for it. Fortunately, I found the ebay page and put it in my original post.

By the way, John, that's some pretty cool photo editing! It's like something out of a forensics T.V show! :o
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

TelePlay

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on February 15, 2015, 07:17:21 PM
Sorry! I forgot to insert the link when I posted the picture, and I exited out of the page before you asked for it. Fortunately, I found the ebay page and put it in my original post.

Thanks, and thanks. His other phones are not chopped up as this one was. It had to be intentional, but to what end we will never know.

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: TelePlay on February 15, 2015, 07:52:50 PM
Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on February 15, 2015, 07:17:21 PM

Thanks, and thanks. His other phones are not chopped up as this one was. It had to be intentional, but to what end we will never know.
Maybe he was getting desperate over a zombie listing, and decided to 'spruce up' the cover picture by distorting it to grab people's attention. I probably shouldn't be joking about him, since it caught my attention!
Christian Petterson

Kenton K

I have noticed that numerous ebay listing photos have been totally distorted and chopped up lately. Usually on the ipad though. I doubt it was intentional, why would anybody do this to a photo and list it? I think its ebay's photo software.

Ken

TelePlay

While not the "worst" photos on eBay by a long shot, I would highly recommend that seller take photos either before or after it rains.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Western-Electric-LIMITED-RD1948-GI-Black-Rotary-Desk-Phone-591A-B-/281628893705

BIN $27.99 plus shipping

TelePlay

Can just chalk this one up to a real big Ooooops! It's happened before; will happen again, I'm sure.

Looks like a photography light meter, or flash of some sorts.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Rotary-Dial-Phone-Western-Electric-Telephone-Ivory-White-500DM-Works-/191537300102

andre_janew

I checked today.  He finally put up the right picture.  Do you think he finally realized his mistake?

WEBellSystemChristian

Maybe he should switch out his wide-angle lens for ebay pictures?

I'll admit, I think the Starlite looks more graceful in this picture than is does in reality! :o

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141656672372
Christian Petterson

compubit

I want one that looks like that in real life!!! (maybe not brown, but...)

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: compubit on May 04, 2015, 12:32:27 AM

Jim
That actually wouldn't be a bad phone design; sort of like a crossover of a Princess and a Starlite! I probably couldn't get over that 5-inch dial though...
Christian Petterson

savageje

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on May 04, 2015, 12:35:14 AM
Quote from: compubit on May 04, 2015, 12:32:27 AM

Jim
That actually wouldn't be a bad phone design; sort of like a crossover of a Princess and a Starlite! I probably couldn't get other that 5-inch dial though...

LOL.  When I first scrolled down and looked at that picture I had to blink and rub my eyes.  I thought I was having some sort of an episode.  You're right, though, that wouldn't be all that bad a design.  It has some late 1960s - early 1970s "funkiness" about it.

AE_Collector

The rotary version of the "Big Button Phone"!

That phone is from pretty close to home. I look out our windows across the Fraser River to 604-58x territory, same as the number on the dial.

Terry

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: AE_Collector on May 04, 2015, 08:11:31 PM
That phone is from pretty close to home. I look out our windows across the Fraser River to 604-58x territory, same as the number on the dial.

Terry
You can also look out across the river and see that huge dial looming over the houses on the horizon! ;D
Christian Petterson

AE_Collector

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on May 04, 2015, 08:29:04 PM
You can also look out across the river and see that huge dial looming over the houses on the horizon! ; D

Well, yeah but the top is surrounded by clouds.

Terry