News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Don't tell my wife, but I bought a 302 today...

Started by deedubya3800, September 12, 2010, 05:01:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

easytiger

Maybe the 354 is the little-known "lined-with-gold" edition.  I kinda wish somebody here would win it just so we could hear the desciption of the look on the wife's face when it arrives.  Jorge?  :D
Easy, Tiger..."it's life...you don't figure it out.  You just climb up on the beast and RIDE."  --Vivi, "Divine Secrets"

deedubya3800

Quote from: Kennyc1955 on September 13, 2010, 09:10:39 PM
302's in antique stores i have seen are way too high

You're not kidding. But I figured $35 was fair as most 302's in decent working shape seem to go in the $30-to-$40 range including shipping. The opportunity to inspect something hands-on can be worth so much, though.

McHeath

You know this little "hobby" of yours is going to get totally out of control.  You start out with just wanting one 500 to finish off the display, or oh a 354 would be kinda cool.  Next thing you know you've got to have a 554, and then one in green, and oh that's a cool red 500, and oh look at that neat ivory 302 and that's interesting, a Red Bar, hmm, okay well maybe I need a Kellogg.....

Just warning you.   ;) ;)

Kenny C

hes right i started with that 11-55 i got at goodwill for $1 got the cords and stuf later
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

deedubya3800

Dennis Markham

The seller of the thousand dollar Model 354 said that his price was not a typo, but the intended price.  If he get's it, I'm going to have to start listing 354's on eBay!

http://tinyurl.com/332cd3a

HarrySmith

You and me both ;D
I have been watching prices as I may sell mine but the last one went for $17.00 ???
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

easytiger

Quote from: Dennis Markham on September 14, 2010, 10:52:13 AM
The seller of the thousand dollar Model 354 said that his price was not a typo, but the intended price.  

I have just one word:  geesh.
Easy, Tiger..."it's life...you don't figure it out.  You just climb up on the beast and RIDE."  --Vivi, "Divine Secrets"

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dennis Markham

I notice that the seller has a problem with packing---4 negatives.  FYI to those interested in the 354 Harry posted.

HarrySmith

Oops, sorry! I did not look beyond the price! Thanks for the heads up Dennis! I also saw one at $9.99 but did not save it.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Here's a real nice NOS WE 354 at a more conservative investment. Just needs a dial....Doug

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140452268735&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Kidphone

wds

I've always admired the WE 354 - very modern and classic design for a 60+ year old phone.  I purchased one for cheap, and wasn't sure it was worth the $15 I paid for it.  Turned out pretty nice, with no cracks, chips, and only a few scuff marks.  Everything on the inside is dated 5-50, including the handset parts.  I have a dial on the way dated II 50 which I'll probably install.  I prefer the older phones, but I couldn't help but add this one to my 302 phone.   
Dave

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Greg G.

Quote from: Dennis Markham on September 14, 2010, 10:52:13 AM
The seller of the thousand dollar Model 354 said that his price was not a typo, but the intended price.  If he get's it, I'm going to have to start listing 354's on eBay!

(Sigh), must be an antique dealer.  Come to think of it, I wonder if my local dealer still has that 70s "French phone" he was trying to sell for $158.00.  Maybe I'll take a walk down there.  I need the exercise and some fresh air and an excuse not to do housework.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e