News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Ivory 302 & 354 pics?

Started by deedubya3800, September 28, 2010, 11:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deedubya3800

I know somebody here has them, but I'm having trouble finding good, high-resolution photos of the plastic ivory 302 and 354. I really love this color, and I'm determined to own one someday, but until then I'll have to dream. As much as it looks like white chocolate, though, let's hope that I don't try to eat it when I get it home! :o

But if anyone can post or direct me to some good shots of these models, I would be so grateful! I may even share some of my white chocolate! :D

LarryInMichigan

I would also like an ivory 302.  Good friends of mine are currently out east visiting the in-laws.  The wife told me recently that her parents had an ivory 302 from her grandmother.  I asked them yesterday if they could see if the phone is still there, and that I would buy it from her parents, but I was told that the father thinks that they threw it away :o

Larry

Dave F

Quote from: deedubya3800 on September 28, 2010, 11:56:36 AM
I know somebody here has them, but I'm having trouble finding good, high-resolution photos of the plastic ivory 302 and 354. I really love this color, and I'm determined to own one someday, but until then I'll have to dream. As much as it looks like white chocolate, though, let's hope that I don't try to eat it when I get it home! :o

But if anyone can post or direct me to some good shots of these models, I would be so grateful! I may even share some of my white chocolate! :D

Here's my contribution -- Beautiful, all-original ivory 305 (1953) with ringer cutoff switch.  For what it's worth, I actually prefer the golden color that these ivory sets take on with age.  I would not even consider trying to return it to the original lighter color.

Doug Rose

Dave,,,,I do respect your opinion on the Ivory thermoplastics, but I wanted to share my Ivory 302. I got this phone in 2004 and this is an old picture. from the ATCA photos page. Mine was dark brown in some areas. Others deep yellow and some place a light yellow, like your handset.  Bob Loeser, from the ATCA,  told me to soak it in a 50/50 bleach water solution. The darker the fade, the longer the soak. It came out looking like white chocolate as described earlier. Its is now almost 7 years later and shows no signs of fading at all. Still white chocolate. Myself, I am very happy I did the soak. It was time consuming and I was more than apprehensive that it would be damaged or I would not be able to get the wires back through the handset. All in all, one of my favorite WE phones. It does look like white chocolate! Your 305 is a  very desirable phone and in wonderful condition....Doug
Kidphone

Kenny C

Here is the ivory 354 taken from auction contest #18
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Dave F

Quote from: Kidphone on September 28, 2010, 03:12:52 PM
Dave,,,,I do respect your opinion on the Ivory thermoplastics, but I wanted to share my Ivory 302. I got this phone in 2004 and this is an old picture. from the ATCA photos page. Mine was dark brown in some areas. Others deep yellow and some place a light yellow, like your handset.  Bob Loeser, from the ATCA,  told me to soak it in a 50/50 bleach water solution. The darker the fade, the longer the soak. It came out looking like white chocolate as described earlier. Its is now almost 7 years later and shows no signs of fading at all. Still white chocolate. Myself, I am very happy I did the soak. It was time consuming and I was more than apprehensive that it would be damaged or I would not be able to get the wires back through the handset. All in all, one of my favorite WE phones. It does look like white chocolate! Your 305 is a  very desirable phone and in wonderful condition....Doug

Hi Doug,

Well, the bleach option is always available to me (or to my heirs!).  I would worry some that it might bleach out the H4 printed inside the housing.  Your 302 looks great!!

Kenny C

put Vaseline over it it protects the stamps
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Doug Rose

Dave as Kenny stated, I used vaseline on all the orange markings and didn't lose anything. It works amazingly well and just kind of hardens in the soak and wipes right off.....good luck....Doug
Kidphone

Dave F

I'll have to try that (on a phone of lesser value).  I recently bleached the housing of a blue Trimline, and it reduced the model number printed inside to "translucent".

Doug Rose

I have only ever bleached Ivory phones as I thought the bleach would lessen the intensity of an already color phone. I have done Ivory four times and they have always turned out great....Doug
Kidphone

paul-f

Here are some more 354 photos from past auctions...

...that went way beyond my budget.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

deedubya3800

They're so pretty! :D I want one! How much do these things usually sell for? I'll have to start using that stash can I got this weekend.

Kenny C

you might want to find a soft place to faint when they tell you
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

deedubya3800

Well, if they wait till I'm at work, I'll probably have a pile of non-woven fabrics nearby. :P

HarrySmith

I really like that color too. I have tried bidding on a couple but they have always exceeded my reach ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"