Direct line to Hell

Started by unbeldi, October 31, 2013, 08:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unbeldi

LarryInMichigan

Perhaps it was someone's mother-in-law's phone ;D

Larry

TelePlay

Have you tried calling the number now, after dark, today, October 31st?

unbeldi

I thought it may have been Marilyn.

tallguy58

Well, reverse lookup for that area code does return a person.

Try it and see...I'm not opening myself up to a lawsuit by posting the result.

(540) 548-0130
Cheers........Bill

unbeldi

Quote from: tallguy58 on October 31, 2013, 10:18:38 PM
Well, reverse lookup for that area code does return a person.
Try it and see...I'm not opening myself up to a lawsuit by posting the result.
(540) 548-0130
Well, that area code is only about 20 years old.  I have no idea how old the dial card is. The phone is over 50 years old now.

twocvbloke

And of course, the Devil's Arse (names as such cos of the sounds emitted when rainwater drains away!!) is in Caslteton, Derbyshire, if you really needed to see it.... :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peak_Cavern

dsk

Its always a way out of it, or  ???

The picture may be seen at the Norwegian Wikipedia.  http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell

The way of spelling is rather old, but Norwegian and are quite popular among tourists.
Th location is the old railway-station at Hell. Gods-expedition are where you deliver or pick up grater parcels or luggage sent (here) by train. (cargo handling)

dsk

LarryInMichigan

There is a place in southeastern Michigan with that name: http://www.gotohellmi.com/.

Larry

Haf

..and the devil is running a dry cleaning store in Walla Walla- just call 666 :)

Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

xhausted110

yep. and Hell,MI freezes over every year!
- Evan

Shovelhead

Quote from: xhausted110 on November 01, 2013, 01:38:15 PM
yep. and Hell,MI freezes over every year!

Just a bit south of me here.......

AE_Collector

Quote from: Haf on November 01, 2013, 01:36:51 PM
..and the devil is running a dry cleaning store in Walla Walla- just call 666 :)

Now you've done it. Look outside your window to see if Bill "Phonesrfun" Geurts is wandering your neighbourhood looking for you and that Walla Walla phone book!

Terry

Phonesrfun

That dry cleaners is still in business at that very address, and I use them.  Their phone number now ends in 0662.  They probably had it changed to keep from being known as the dry cleaners from Hell.   :o

I had the pleasure of talking to Haf over the phone recently, and he mentioned the WW phone book.  I had him look up First National Bank in Walla Walla which, at that time was on 2nd and Alder and was listed with phone number 96.  I work in that very building today.

Haf's Walla Walla phone book is dated 1930.  Below is a picture of the building I currently work in during a notorious flood of March 31, 1931.  The second picture is when Seattle First National Bank occupied the same building in 1978.  The outside of the building looks much the same today as the 1978 picture.  Today, Banner Bank owns the building which it bought from Seattle First after Seafirst became part of Bank of America.  Like phone companies, banks seem to like to buy and sell (themselves).

In 1930, the phone company in Walla Walla was located in an old building that is now a parking lot. (3rd picture)

Sorry for the off-topic photos.

By the way, it was great to talk to Haf.  He was working on getting a pay phone to work and he was successful.
-Bill G