Previous topic - Next topic

Matilo Telephones

Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

HarrySmith

Sorry, I could not resist!
I came up with the idea on my way into work yesterday after the guys on the radio were talking about April Fools pranks they had done in the past. I went back & forth all day yesterday about posting it. Finally last night I put it up after seeing this from a list member:

"Hi Folks,

Every once in a while we need a change of pace. I've managed to incorporate that idea into my phone collecting. Take a look at my new page:
http://tinyurl.com/kb5t4h6

Richard Rose"

It is his Tinyurl but no worries, it is a safe page.
I do appeciate all the support and kindness from this group that I receive here everyday and I actually started to feel bad after seeing all the responses. I think next year I will let April Fools Day go by without posting a prank!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

DavePEI

I have to admit, I thought about doing something similar. I was going to post this photo, then ask people if they thought it was worth moving stuff around in the museum to make room for it, or not! I was going to tell the tale it came from the front lobby of a hotel in Montreal in the early 1900s when they installed payphones.

Too bad, but I am quite sure the museum will never have one of these! Truth is, it is owned by the McCord Museum.

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Mr. Bones

Actually, I think it was pretty darn good prank; feel free to pull another one next year! ;D ;D

Sorry you didn't find the 'Motherlode', Harry! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Russ Kirk

Harry,
Great joke and well played. Very appropriate.  I like how it received such good responses. I wonder what will happen next year....

Russ
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

dsk

WEBellSystemChristian

Aw, c'mon Harry, you had me there for a second! Or an hour... Fine, I just got the joke now! Nice gag, my friend! ;D
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

WesternElectricBen

Darn you, Harry..

Though, I was fooled, I was still confused on how you would store all the phones...

Ben

HarrySmith

This is still my dream. I have dreamed of this since a member on the list posted about his garage full of phones. I would find space for them! I would move the computer into the dining room and use the office! Or rent a warehouse!
Glad you all appreciate the prank ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dennis Markham

We fell for it, hook, line and sinker.  At least I did.  You know what they say about Karma..... :)

Phonesrfun

I don't care what the others say, Harry, I still think you're OK.
-Bill G

HarrySmith

Thanks Bill.

Glad your sense if humor is still intact, Dennis.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dan/Panther

Personally, I wouldn't wait. I'd take the day off, and go get them NOW. Someone else may see them and offer him $200.00, then they are gone.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

BDM

--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Slal

Quote from: paul-f on April 01, 2014, 09:58:13 PM
Quote from: HarrySmith on April 01, 2014, 08:29:17 PM

I am so excited I probably won't sleep until the weekend is over! I also think this is a cure for Phonitis!

Harry,

The fact that you are following up on this with enthusiasm is clear evidence that you have crossed over into an advanced state of Phonitis.  It is characterized by the delusion that one can not have too many phones -- the more the merrier!

As you have said many times, there is no cure.

You have come a long way in the last few years and are an inspiration to younger collectors.

Congratulations on taking the next step in your journey!   ;D

Heh.  Nice April fools gag.

But you guys are also telling me phones can be habit forming? 

Think I've bought 4 phones in just 6 weeks.

"Danger Will Robinson!"

Should I cut back?  ; )

--Bruce