News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

eBay seller andrewsjwa

Started by Sargeguy, September 22, 2013, 02:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sargeguy

One of my favorite sellers-Frequently has really nice stuff and always charges exact postage
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

TelePlay

Quote from: Sargeguy on September 22, 2013, 02:00:11 AM
One of my favorite sellers-Frequently has really nice stuff and always charges exact postage

I totally agree, and when he lists an item, it is fully described in both text and photos. Nothing left out. I bought a fully restored stick and a 102, both with notchless number plates, from him when my phonitis was still in its early stages (had less than 10 phones). Paid a handsome sum for both but now years later, realize they were a good price knowing the effort, time and money it would take me today to find the parts and do the restorations. I love that stick with its sidetone, the unique, old sounding subset bells and the clickety clack of the dials, in my humble opinion.

Jim Stettler

That seller is John Andrews. He is very, very knowledgeable on the really early wood phones. He has an extremely impressive collection.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

wds

He is on my Ebay list of favorite sellers.  However, I have his ebay handle as "andrewsjwa"

-----------------

EDit:  eBay handle corrected
Dave

Phonesrfun

I believe andrewsjwa is correct.  I have seen him around for years.  Someone should invite him to join up here if he hasn't already.

PS  I added the "w" to the RE: in the thread title going forward.
-Bill G

AE_Collector

Yes indeed, the original post missed the "w". It is  andrewsjwa .

Bill, your addition of the "w" won't stick around. It will revert to the original incorrect spelling as you can see on my post.

I'll have our "Moderator In Training" fix it in the first post which WON'T repair all the other posts but WILL make it correct with all new posts once the change is made.

Just noticed that Sargeguy started it so he is able to fix it since he is a moderator but actually the creator of a topic even if not a moderator can make this sort of correction to the original post and have it stick to all new posts as well.

Terry

Phonesrfun

Gee, I thought if I changed it, all the subsequent posts would follow suit.  Oh well some things just don't always work the way I think they should.  :)
-Bill G

AE_Collector

Quote from: Phonesrfun on September 24, 2013, 12:16:02 AM
Gee, I thought if I changed it, all the subsequent posts would follow suit.  Oh well some things just don't always work the way I think they should.  :)

Something so simple yet so difficult to fix! Well, maybe not that difficult...

Terry

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Phonesrfun on September 23, 2013, 11:29:28 PM
I believe andrewsjwa is correct.  I have seen him around for years.  Someone should invite him to join up here if he hasn't already.

PS  I added the "w" to the RE: in the thread title going forward.

I have invited him in the past. He is mainly into pre 1900 firewood for his collection and early metal phones for restoration.
Jim
You live, You learn,

Sargeguy

I omitted the "w" on purpose so you all would have a harder time tracking him down and bidding against me! ;D
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

TelePlay

He just listed another well restored stick on eBay. Everyone of his restorations turn out so well. And, as always, so well described.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281261982357

As usual, starting at $9.99 with a reserve

TelePlay

Another fine restoration just up on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351008797560

-------------------

EDIT:  Sold for $299 plus $30 shipping

Jim Stettler

You can probably meet John in person if you attend the KS show. Check the show board
You live, You learn,

JimH

John is really a nice guy.  Early on I bought a 653 wall phone (from someone else on ebay) that would not ring.  This was before I was on the forum.  Since he restores and sells these on ebay, I emailed him asking him if he could think of why it wouldn't ring.  He sent me the correct condenser for the cost of shipping!

Jim
Jim H.

TelePlay

He put up another restored stick yesterday starting it at $9.99 and in about 24 hours, 6 bidders with 12 bids have pushed it up to $280 (reserve not met). He really does nice work.

Maybe I'm biased because I have one of his refurbished sticks that I bought from him a few years ago. It's a sidetone 50AL with a 2AB dial and notch-less number plate. Love the sound of the subset. Feel like I'm Eliot Ness when talking on it.

EDIT: listing update and photo added

Seems this phone will sell for over $650.

Last second snipes pushed it up to $804! Fun to watch the ending. I wonder how high the winner went to avoid losing the phone to snipes?

Bidder                                                                                   Bid Amount   
Bid Time   

Member Id: u***o ( 168Feedback score is 100 to 499)       US $804.90   
Sep-26-14 00:19:02 PDT

Member Id: b***b ( 138Feedback score is 100 to 499)       US $800.00   
Sep-28-14 19:00:30 PDT

Member Id: b***b ( 138Feedback score is 100 to 499)       US $770.00   
Sep-28-14 19:00:24 PDT

Member Id: u***o ( 168Feedback score is 100 to 499)       US $754.90   
Sep-26-14 00:15:05 PDT

Member Id: 5***0 ( 559Feedback score is 500 to 999)       US $641.52   
Sep-28-14 17:02:43 PDT

Member Id: 5***0 ( 559Feedback score is 500 to 999)       US $551.52