News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

RTT56B Kettle Phone with Lion Logo

Started by tubaman, February 22, 2019, 11:57:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tubaman

Phonitis is bad at present and I bought this RTT56B because it has a Lion logo on the front and I've not seen that before.
Its also not been got-at with added transfers as is so common with these.
I've given it a gentle clean and touched-in the chipped dial. The printed phone number was on the back of the dial card so I've flipped it over.
The handset has a couple of small chips, but for the price I can hardly complain (one was visible in the listing).
For £10 plus £14 postage (seller refunded £6 as he per the note on the listing that he'd only best-guessed the postage) I think it was OK.
It's interesting that the number on the base is not the usual 'RTT  56' format, so I don't know if any of you have any info as to why that might be.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-1940-50s-Dial-Telephone-Corded-Home-Phone-Landline-Telephone-In-Black-/143121894018

:)

LarryInMichigan

There have been discussions here before about the lion logo.  It appears all over the place on some phones.  Here is one of the discussion threads: forum link.  I have a "kettle" phone with the same badge on the front.

Larry

tubaman

Thanks Larry. 
I see a lot of these on eBay and this is the first I have seen with the Lion logo on it instead of the usual RTT badge.
:)

FABphones

Nicely spotted. Mine are A's with the later RTT to the front. Apparently the lion is the older RTT logo.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble