News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

#6A dial graphics needed

Started by Babybearjs, October 31, 2011, 10:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

someone needs to make a drawing of the back terminals of the #6 dial so everyone understands the wiring. I went to reattach the wires on mine and the markings on the terminals are always very poor. I get the SR and the Y wires reversed because I could'nt make out the markings. it would be nice to have a color graphic to go by so all the connections are made correctly!  I'm so use to working with the #5 dials that the #6's are harder to wire. especailly sice the terminals are not always marked good!                   John
John

Phonesrfun

They are kind of hard to read.

Here is a hand-drawn diagram.  Hopefully this will help.

-Bill G

MDK

Babybearjs

Thanks guys! this definately helps!
John

Greg G.

Markings on phones get smaller and harder to read as the phone ages.  I often have to take a digital picture in macro mode of what I'm working on then upload it to my computer so I can read the markings.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

GG

Brinybay, thanks for that information!  I had thought that markings on phones got smaller and harder to read as *I* got older!  :-)   Now we know the secret, so we shouldn't feel too concerned about having to use magnifying glasses!

Greg G.

Quote from: GG on November 27, 2011, 05:37:01 AM

Brinybay, thanks for that information!  I had thought that markings on phones got smaller and harder to read as *I* got older!  :-)   Now we know the secret, so we shouldn't feel too concerned about having to use magnifying glasses!

It stands to reason that if phone cases sometimes shrink with age, then the markings do too!  As does my clothing. ;)  Joking aside, pictures also serve as reference, I take a clear picture of the wires before I start removing any.  It also serves as a home inventory and a record of project progress.  In my Pictures Library, I have a folder for Telephones, then every phone I have has it's own folder.  It's cool looking back on the before and after pics, especially phones that were in sad shape at the start.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e