News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 164: North Electric Mahogany Desk Telephone - Ended 2-28-15

Started by TelePlay, February 21, 2015, 09:00:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

Here's the 3% "no crowding" gap spreadsheet for this contest with 12 guesses.

Available guesses or guess ranges are shown in GREEN within the small upper right black bordered box.

( click on the table to enlarge the image )

TelePlay

WesternElectricBen

TelePlay

And the winner of Auction Contest #164 is poplar1 who with the 7th entry into the contest offered the winning guess of $400.00 giving him his very first auction contest win (and I even check the standings 4 times because I was certain he had one several times in the past). So, a big congratulations go out to poplar1 for getting his first win in the CRPF Auction Contests and taking a place on the Contest Standings board. Only place to go but up and validation of twocvbloke's adage, you have to play to win.

The phone was won by m***x ( 1975 ) with his one and only bid placed just seconds before the auction ended to take the phone home for $357.51. The phone saw little action over the 7 days it was listed stalling at $205 with two bids. It seems to be the phone no one wanted in that the auction had but 6 buyers placing 6 bids, one bid per buyer - something I don't think I've ev er seen before in an auction contest.

Check out the updated Contest Standings to see who's who through 164 contests and the latest additions to the CRPF Hall of Fame

Thanks again to all who played. As always, there is only one way to get on the winner's board or move up a rung - you have to play to win.