"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Modifying lock on 234G

Started by NEPA Phone Phreak, October 23, 2013, 03:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G-Man

Quote from: HarrySmith on October 31, 2013, 02:02:59 PM
I have one of those barrell locks on my payphone I have been unable to open!

Typically either Woody or Paul can make a key if you provide them with the list number that is stamped on it.

Or in some cases the area code and prefix where the payphone was originally installed.
However there are a few areas that they do not have the cutting codes for.

In any event, they do not use a "G" key so it would be nice if we can find out further information from NEPA.

poplar1

Unless the phone is attached to the wall or inside a booth, you can always unscrew the bolt that is connected to the barrell lock from the back of the phone. This will not affect the appearance of the front of the phone.

And if it is a defective 10G or 10H lock, I don't know why Paul didn't just grab another 10-G (or 10-H or 29-S) lock from his pile.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

G-Man

Quote from: poplar1 on October 31, 2013, 02:14:35 PM

Unless the phone is attached to the wall or inside a booth, you can always unscrew the bolt that is connected to the barrell lock from the back of the phone. This will not affect the appearance of the front of the phone.

And if it is a defective 10G or 10H lock, I don't know why Paul didn't just grab another 10-G (or 10-H or 29-S) lock from his pile.

Precisely!

Not having a "G" key to open it does not compute since there is only one key for a 10H/G lock and that is a 10G key.

HarrySmith

My payphone is on the backboard and then mounted on a piece of wood with the ringer box mounted underneath, I have no way to get to the back without breaking something.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

NEPA Phone Phreak

I paid 600 for the whole bundle.

I dont know why paul didnt have a key?  He yelled at me a few times while I was there ;D

I got a vault lock and key off of him also, dont know what was up with the 10H lock.

I didnt try picking the round ACE lock on the front.  I have an HPC "Lil Peanut" tublar pick that my friend uses for ACE's.  Didnt see the sense in fooling with that lock though.  Maybe I should.. and if I get it,  decode my pick and have a key made and see if it opens both of mine, then maybe have a key code for them?

NEPA Phone Phreak

Looks like a reg 10H to me