News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Dial stickers

Started by foots, September 24, 2009, 07:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foots

I know there are several sources for dial cards, but how about for the later model phones that have stickers in the middle of the dial? I have a few phones that I'd like to put new stickers on.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

bwanna

joshua

if what you are looking for is here, maybe you can make your own.

http://tinyurl.com/y8rramy

good luck.
donna

HobieSport

Dear Foots;

Yesterday as I was buying free range chicken for 2.79 per pound here in North Western California, there were some Jumbo shrimp for only 3.29 per pound.

I thought of you and Louisiana.

If I ever say some stupid things on the forum please understand that I really miss your food and music. I can never be Cajun but BE IT KNOWN that I play accordion.

(Not very well)
-Matt

foots

Bwanna, thanks for the link. It doesn't have the stickers I'm looking for but I did find the dial card I needed for my Connecticut Telephone and Electric phones.

Hobie, shrimp are more expensive here than they are way up north or out west. Don't worry about saying anything stupid, I do that all the time. As a matter of fact, I'm good at it  ;).

HobieSport

Thanks Foots. Personally I would prefer original unadulterated dial cards, of course but otherwise it seems that I might as well just print them and say that it is a fresh print.
-Matt

bingster

I have one sticker, Hobie, and it's the standard modern card with "Area Code" printed in the upper left.  Is the one you're looking for different?  Do you have a picture of what you're looking for?

By the way, we're talking about Bell System sticker cards, right?
= DARRIN =

foots

Bingster, that is exactly the type of sticker I'm looking for. I have 2 mid to late '60s WE 500s, a 554, an SC 500, and an AE Starlite wall phone that could use some new stickers.

bingster

Sorry, Foots... I got confused as to who asked the question.

Here's the generic modern type card.  If it goes on a modular phone, you'd want to add an "M" at the top center.  You can print this on stickyback paper, if you really need the adhesive sticker type card.  Otherwise, you can just install this as a normal card.
= DARRIN =

foots

Stephen Furley

I've just received my latest order from Oldphoneworks, including two of these:

http://www.oldphoneworks.com/ae-dial-center-decal-p8.html

I've not noticed them before, but I'm not sure if they're new on their site.

One of them is now on the dial of my AE80.  Looks much better with it.  They'e about 30mm in diameter, fit inside the innermost of the concentric ridges in the centre of the fingerwheel.

foots

Mr. Furley, only yesterday I discovered that Oldphoneworks had dial cards and I think I'll get some of the ones I need from there.

Stephen Furley

I've previously bought the 'card' type cards, in both WE and AE sizes, and and the acetate covers for them, and they're very good quality.  They sell them either singly, or in packs of 10 or 100 of the same size and design.  They also have packs of 10 assorted designs, not all different, there are some duplicates.  These are what I bought, one pack of each size.  When I wanted some more of the AE size I couldn't find them but when I looked up the part number from a previous order and searched for that they came up.  The stick-on ones were also not in the same place on the site, and I only found them by chance.  I wasn't even sure if they were what I was looking for, but I ordered a couple and they fit perfectly.  Unlike the card type there only seems to be one design of these.  They don't seem to have cards to fit SC or North dials.

The Oldphoneworks site seems to have a problem with not everything being listed where it should be.  If you look under transmitters for example there is a wide range available, but not a Kellogg one.  However, if you look under Kellogg then there is a transmitter listed.