News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Collectors near omaha

Started by Btee, October 06, 2010, 09:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Btee

Any other collectors of phones or other stuff near Omaha Nebraska?

LarryInMichigan

I have seen some really great phones on craigslist in the Omaha area.  I think that I tried to convince one of the sellers to ship a phone to me, but he did not want to do so.

Larry

McHeath

That phone on the wall is a Western Electric 354 in ivory, made from the last 40's to 1955 or so.   

Some years back I got rid of a pretty cool brown Maytag dryer with lots of chrome and clearly made in the 60's, it came with the house and I simply sold it as I wanted the dryer to match the new washer.  Rather regret that now.

KeithB

That ivory 354 on the wall is unbelievably :o beautiful.
It would sell for a very nice price on the bay, I'm certain.

deedubya3800

I live in Tennessee, but the first phone I bought as an official collector (I had two phones already, but I didn't consider them a collection until this point) was a 5302 that I chanced upon at the indoor flea market on S. 72nd St. in Omaha this past July. $10 brought it home, and he even threw in a modular adaptor that was easily worth most of that alone! Funny thing is that the phone had actually been used in Alabama.

Jim Stettler

Brandon,
You are close enough to Abilene, KS to make the phone show next April.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Btee

Quote from: Jim S. on October 07, 2010, 02:54:39 PM
Brandon,
You are close enough to Abilene, KS to make the phone show next April.
Jim

Yes perhaps. Its about 4 hours away. I will have to think about it. If the dates are good and depending on whats going on for school, maybe I could.

Jim Stettler

MID WEST (Kansas) REGIONAL SHOW
Will be held on April 29-30, 2011
Sterl Hall
Abilene, KS
------------------------------------------------------------------------

The museum of independant telephony is also in town. There will probably be a reception the night before the show at the museum.

based on previous KS shows. Arrive early (opening feeding frenzy). Even tho it is a 2 day show. a lot of people only stay for the 1st day.
So If you go, I suggest go the 29th.

Jim S.  (Colorado Springs)
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.