News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Ringers Not Ringin' on a Tafeltoestel Ericsson Type 1951

Started by Snake, April 11, 2012, 08:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snake

So today I had a pleasant surprise, my father had stopped at a antique store on the way home from work and picked me up a phone! Look's like I've started to rub off on him a little.  :D

But there is a problem with it, while the inside of the phone looks like brand new, and it looks to be original, the bells don't work. I looked at all the connections to and from the bell assembly, and I couldn't see any problems. My guess is it has something to do with the new modular cord someone put on it. The cord looks to be well done, and it dials out and works perfect, but I think the conversion to the modular line somehow cut off power to the bells ???
I was wondering if anyone knew of a fix to this.
Hopefully I can get it ringing again, I really want to hear those bells, there the size of a tennis ball!
Thanks in advance for your help. ;D

P.S. To spare you any confusion, the line cord connection, pictured in the third photo, had the old spade line cords hanging off that are just cut...

dsk

Try to put a strap between 9 and 10.

http://tinyurl.com/bo6vva9

dsk

Snake

Quote from: d_s_k on April 12, 2012, 01:51:10 AM
Try to put a strap between 9 and 10.
dsk

Hey,
Thanks for the help, but my vocabulary when it comes to telephones is limited. I don't understand what you mean by putting a "strap" between 9 and 10. Do you mean like cut a small wire that will connect between 9 and 10? Thanks again.

dsk

:) You are right. just a little wire to connect the two screws.  You cant do anything wrong here.  :D

dsk

LarryInMichigan

Tristan,

Remove the yellow wire from the line cord.  You can cut it off because it is not needed.

Larry

Snake

The Strap worked! Thanks a lot for your help, it sounds perfect. I was suprised to hear it wasn't as load as I thought it would be.
Now on to the novus...  :)