News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Red WE Metal 302

Started by Doug Rose, June 13, 2015, 09:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I have seen a few WE 302s that were factory painted with the orange/red color that WE was famous for. I never could find one that wasn't past its prime the way painted sets get from use.

Here is a set our friend Scot (persido) painted for me. Pictures do not do it justice....Doug
Kidphone

TelePlay

Very nice. Is this an exact or near exact color match to the WE factory paint or very close to it?

andre_janew

If painting phones is anything like painting cars, a near exact match to the factory color is the best that can be expected.

WEBellSystemChristian

Very nice, Doug!

Very nice job, too, Scot! Great finish!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Doug Rose

John.....hard to say as the painted sets I have seen on the 202s and 302s were over 60 yars old. I am extremely happy with the result...... Extremely happy!   ;D

Christian....thanks.....Scot is the master of painting phones. His paint jobs are superb and his detail to the small stuff is amazing. I am a happy dude!

Doug
Kidphone

persido

Thanks Doug, wow the phone looks great, I like the number card, once again thank you for the kind words.

Scot

Doug Rose

Here is a factory painted red 202, Scot did well....Doug

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151535947157

Kidphone

HarrySmith

That Manual Red 302 looks awesome! Great job Scott! You are lucky to have it Doug! Is it metal or plastic? Are the plungers painted silver?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Harry...its metal. The plungers were a pair of Ivory Painted ones that I have had sitting in my parts forever. Scot done real good!!!...Doug
Kidphone