"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Newbie in Pennsylvania

Started by Bartonpipes, November 03, 2014, 08:29:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bartonpipes

Hi all,

My name is Andrew and I live in South Central PA.

I have been collecting and restoring mostly 500 series phones for about four years now. My very first rotary phone was an ivory 554 that I can remember my babysitter giving to me to play with. I... pretty much destroyed it ( I was like 8 ).

Anyway, fast forward to today and I have most of the common 500 series phones (Including an ivory 554), and I am about to do my first WE 302 restoration for a friend.

Some of my other interests are restoring vintage electronics including radios, televisions, and test equipment. I am also a Theatre organ lover and somewhat of a historian.

Thanks for accepting me to the forum, and I hope to learn a lot from you all!
-Andrew

WesternElectricBen

Welcome to the Forum. Feel free to post pictures of your collection and ask questions if you may have one.

Ben

WEBellSystemChristian

Welcome to our little, humble establishment! Yes, please post pictures of your collection, we would love to see them! ;)
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

dsk

HarrySmith

I see it is too late for my usual warning on Phoneitis,  you are oobviously deep in the grasp of this addiction. Have you started planning on the addition to house the phone room yet?
Seriously, you have found the best bunch of lunatics.....Er.....collectors on the web.
Welcome to the asylum😃
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Fabius

Welcome! Check out both of the telephone collecting clubs (ATCA & TCI). And try to attend a telephone show.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Bartonpipes

Thank you all for making me feel so welcome.

So far every question I have posted has been answered enthusiastically. I must admit I was a lurker here for a  while, but I realized the best way to learn and to share whatever knowledge I can was to join up.

-Andrew

-Andrew

JimH

Jim H.

tallguy58

QuoteSo far every question I have posted has been answered enthusiastically. I must admit I was a lurker here for a  while, but I realized the best way to learn and to share whatever knowledge I can was to join up.

Ask away. I'm not too knowledgeable, but everyone else here is.

:-X :-X
Cheers........Bill

Phonesrfun

Everyone, including the new-comers have knowledge in something.  Collectively, it's what makes the forum work.

-Bill G