News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 52 - NOS WE black 302

Started by Gary, August 09, 2010, 09:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Terry....only kidding my friend.  I am happy to know there will be a new eBay Handles List. I find it invaluable. ...Doug
Kidphone

McHeath

Well I'll just put everyones mind at ease and say it's not me!

But if I had the extra change floating about... :)

Bill Cahill

Holy  :o !
One day to go, and, it's at a little over 406.00!!
What will happen tommorrow?
This is getting exciting, even for me!
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Bill Cahill

You know, if I had the money, I wouldn't mind having it either.....
Bill Cahill  ;D

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

McHeath

bingster

I'm not surprised, really.  I'd love to know what the reserve was, though.  In cases of reserves not being met, the price on the auction at it's end is the price we go by, and in this instance, that makes Jorge the winner of this week's contest. 

Congratulations, Jorge!
= DARRIN =

McHeath

Congrads!  I too wonder how high the reserve was, clearly this seller wanted dearly for this phone.

Bill Cahill

Wait a minuite!
I thought it had two days left!
Bill Cahill

Dennis Markham

Bill, it looks like it ran 10 days.  If you click on the "bids" it shows it began on August 05th and ran for 10 days. 

Bill Cahill

??? When I looked at the auction this evenning, I looked at time left. I swear it said one day. I goofed when I said two.
???
Bill Cahill

Dan/Panther

Hold it wait a Non selling minute. The reserve was not met, the phone did not sell, so this auction needs continue until a winner is declared, if the auction is re-listed.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

bingster

This has happened several times before, and we've always handled it this way.  In the past, in the case of an unmet reserve, we've always taken the last price on the auction page as the final price, even though the phone didn't sell in that auction.  That way we can bring the contest to a close, and not have it drag on waiting for the phone to maybe be relisted.

It's sort of like the case of all contestants being over.  We take the lowest guess, and declare that contestant the winner.  Otherwise, going strictly by "closest without going over," there would be no winner and that particular contest would be a complete waste of time.

= DARRIN =

Dan/Panther

Bingster;
I apologize I hadn't realized that before,  I withdraw my objection.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson