and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

help with magneto on Leich 901 B

Started by xtal_01, February 04, 2020, 12:16:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xtal_01

Hey!

I was given a Leich 901B

I had to re-solder the wires on the contacts .

I took apart the contacts ... fixed the wires ... forgot how it goes back together.

I am close but the two middle contacts can be stacked in either order .. and there is one spacer with a different thickness, don't know where it goes.

Does someone have a diagram or can take a picture of the contacts?

Thanks .... Mike

HarrySmith

I do not have one of those so I cannot help you but I can offer a tip for the future. When I have to take a contact stack apart I always put a twist tie throught one of the screw holes as soon as I remove the screw. That way they stay in the proper order and I can do whatever I need to do.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

FABphones

Good tip from Harry. Here is another - take photos.
I take photos as I go along whenever I take anything apart/strip down. I can then refer to them on the rebuild.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Western Bell

Quote from: xtal_01 on February 04, 2020, 12:16:47 AM
I took apart the contacts ... fixed the wires ... forgot how it goes back together.

I guess you are refering to the hook sitch contacts, not the mag and no dial to wory about

This diagram is no substibute for a befor photo but it show the switch circuity.

Uhless you want to get another Leich to "see" how it goes together, this diagram can help you trial and error it back togethert. May not end up originl lbut if it works, it has to be clcose.

HarrySmith

This question was posted to the lists also. One of the members supplied some pictures. The best one is attached.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

dsk

Looks like it is these contacts. (picture)

Western Bell

Quote from: stub on February 04, 2020, 04:03:18 PM
xtal_01,
            Start here -     https://tinyurl.com/vlvfrzv     - right click on pics to enlarge . Hope this helps .  stub

Oh, I thought he was aksing about the hook switch contacts, not the mag contacts. did he specify which contacts he was talkiong about on the toher list? Still not sure what he wanted nhelp wioth.

HarrySmith

I thought it was the magneto he was asking about. Yes, he did specify that on the list. He also recently posted there that he found the problem. Apparently he had some metal filings shorting it that he has since fixed.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

TelePlay

Quote from: FABphones on February 04, 2020, 07:11:11 AM
Good tip from Harry. Here is another - take photos.
I take photos as I go along whenever I take anything apart/strip down. I can then refer to them on the rebuild.

And/or lay the leaves out as they come/came apart so they are easily put back together in perfect reverse order once fixed/cleaned.

HowardPgh

Don't forget about the little insulating sleeves that go over the screws.
Howard