News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Unusual Ericsson Dialog

Started by Matilo Telephones, September 03, 2016, 07:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matilo Telephones

Well, not quite an Ericsson. It was made by Teli, the manufacturing company of Televerket. Televerket being the Swedish Telephone authority, back in the day.

Bought it at an internet auction a little while ago. It was one of those buys of a telephone I normally do not collect (I already have a red one of these), but this special version was not very expensive. Not much bidding on it, so I snapped it up.

This special version was made in 2 tones, the housing black with orange painted over and the handset orange, black painted over. The lettering is engraved with a router.
It was made in 1976 and use for exhibitions.
The letter states: mässan tillhör televerket > exhibition property of televerket.
It is in good condition, althoud a bit dirty. Minor damage/wear on the paint.
Unfortunately the number card window is damaged. I put in a white card with an orange edge in it, to mask the damage. Looks OK for now.
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

TelePlay

Nice looking phone. Great lines and for some reason, I really like that color combination, nice shade of orange accented by the black.

Matilo Telephones

Thanks, the colours are very 1976 :-)

I think the design is very similar to the WE 500.
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

TelePlay

Quote from: Matilo Telephones on September 04, 2016, 03:58:54 PM
I think the design is very similar to the WE 500.

I was thinking more, style wise, that it reminds me of French and Australian phones, no ears like the WE 500. Internally, don't know. This 802 I found quickly as an example. i like the smooth lines.