News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Watch Out for these 500s

Started by JimHyak, June 22, 2016, 07:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimHyak

I received these phones while I was out of town and opened the box today. I was quite disappointed to find a different batch of phones.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Western-Electric-Rotary-Desk-Phones-Lot-of-five-/172228023248

I did not receive the 1952 phone and instead a later one with a plastic fingerwheel. I didn't bother to check the rest. They were poorly packed in a 12" x 12" x 12" box with a few pieces of bubble wrap. I am returning the phones. The seller said "Please send the phones in the exact way I sent them. I packed with care and plenty of bubble wrap and would expect them return in the same manner. All the phones are the same model number and in the same condition. I will just relist them."

I'm sure most of you realize you cannot pack 5 each 500 phones with care in a 12" cube box.

I was hoping to find a C2A ringer in the 52 and could have used enough of the other parts to make it worth my while. I would guess the seller will just re-use the same pics. Two others bid on these as well, I hope they will be warned by this post as well. The seller was maplehillhoney.
Jim
It's not hoarding if you have cool stuff!

JimHyak

Update:
So the seller admonition to properly pack the phones (the way he sent them) left me with a dilemma - do I chuck them back in the crumpled box with the few pieces of bubble wrap he used, or actually pack them well? It was not the phones fault they were packed poorly, so why take it out on them? :D
I packed them properly in a larger box, wrapping each phone and packing the box tight so nothing banged around. I figured that was the end of it. The seller sent this after receiving the phones back and refunding my money "So, that's how I am supposed to pack phones. In hind sight I should have just gave then to you. My sincere apologies."

So go figure!
Jim
It's not hoarding if you have cool stuff!

WesternElectricBen

Bummer,

Personally, I would ask if I should send it back in the sub-par packaging, or if I should repack them. Of course, be gracious, but the sellers need to learn how to properly pack items if they are going to run a eBaY store.

Ben