"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE model 44 rotary uniselector

Started by Rokumoncat, April 29, 2013, 10:54:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rokumoncat

Hi,

I am in the process of gathering parts to build a small SXS CO. I guess it is just by fate that so far, the switch parts have all been Automatic Electric. I have AD ten line L/CO packs so far, and some frames. I have been constructing most of my frame panels from steel stock.

My question is this... Would the AE model 44 rotary uniselector switch be appropriate for use as a line finder? If so, there are a number of them on the e-place, and I will get them.

Thank you very much!

Joe

AE_Collector

Tough question! There were systems that used rotary line switches as line finders but I don't know if they were the same type as those seen on ebaY or not. Line finders always seem to be complicated to set up as AE Finders need other control equipment as well. If going to the effort, full size Line Finders would seem to be a nicer system (to me) once you are done.

How large is the system you hope to build? How many didgits do you want to be able to dial to connect?

Terry

G-Man

I believe someone on the TCI list was successful using them for a small demo system. If you do not receive further response here you might give them a try.