News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Indian (ITI) 332 copy of GPO 332

Started by rdelius, October 17, 2010, 12:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdelius

I believe this is an older  copy,has subchassis like the British set and 3 terminal handset. Cap on tx end does not match. I believe this part is original British production.
Not as well made as the real thing.
Robby

gpo706

"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

Adam

Those links to britishtelephones.com don't work for me.  I believe the site may be down.
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

rdelius

I have seen the links before. I just thought someone would like to see what one looks like so they don't pay British prices for one
Robby

gpo706

To be honest I wouldn't mind an ITI colour set, as its the nearest I'm likely to get to the genuine article.
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

AE_Collector

Someone told me what to check for in the past but I can't recall now. I think that the Indian versions didn't ever have the drawer in front and there is something different about the shape of the finger stop on them as well.

Terry

rdelius

The dial is a copy of a British version of a type 24 dial so the finger stop looks like an AE one .The dial might have plastic number disc with just numbers. The British number 10 dial usually has a thicker finger stop and porcelain disc with letters and numbers. The British sets have brighter colors and the light will shine through the plastic more than the copies.Look for a ITI in a heart shaped logo on the Indian handsets.
Robby

LarryInMichigan

I have an Australian version of this phone (http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=3197.0).  It does not have the drawer, but it does have a metal carrying handle.  The phone was made in Australia, and the dial is clearly of the British GPO design.

Larry

rdelius

How did they add a handle to these?.Photos would be nice.
Robby

LarryInMichigan

The handle is the chrome plated metal bar above the dial.  It is attached by a screw on each side of the shell.  I read somewhere that this was added by the Australians because they wanted to be able to carry the phone.

Larry