"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Need Help Identifying Phone From Music Video

Started by jessemcrice, November 12, 2018, 09:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jessemcrice

Hello everyone.

I want to say that I don't know too much about phones, so I am turning to y'all with some questions. Hopefully I'm not too annoying.

I was watching the music video for In the Night by The Weeknd, and about 3 minutes in he is using a telephone. https://youtu.be/2iFa5We6zqw?t=168

Now I did a little digging and at first I thought maybe it was a TeleQuest Grand Prix, but just a different model with a square push pad instead of a round one. But after some more digging, it seems like it may be an Iskra ETA80 series phone, but I don't know which one exactly. I believe it is an ETA 86, because it doesn't have the extra button in the bottom corner. But all the ETA 86s I've seen have the name Iskra on the bottom of the phone. I was just wondering what you guys thought. Is this an ETA80-series phone? And did they make a model without branding? Thanks.

Jim Stettler

I found an image of a branded Iskra ETA 80-95. As far as branding.  It may be branded on the bottom. It wouldn't surprise me if they made non-branded sets.
The other set is a  transparent  ETA 80 according to the photo. It has the other button
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

jessemcrice

Quote from: Jim Stettler on November 12, 2018, 09:46:08 PM
I found an image of a branded Iskra ETA 80-95. As far as branding.  It may be branded on the bottom. It wouldn't surprise me if they made non-branded sets.
The other set is a  transparent  ETA 80 according to the photo. It has the other button
Jim S.

Interesting. Thanks for the pictures and info!