News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Bell assembly for W.E. Model 500

Started by vvb, November 02, 2010, 03:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vvb

I am looking for a bell assembly for my Western Electric Model 500 phone manufactured in Feb. 1958.  I found the phone at a garage sale and when I opened it up it had some sort of after market bell that does not work.  I would like to put back the original bell assembly if I can find a used one but have had no luck searching the internet.  Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks,
vvb

HarrySmith

Hi VVB, welcome to the forum ;D
It is called a ringer assembly, not a bell assembly :)
I have a box of 500 ringers but I don't think any are dated as old as your set. If you want a working ringer I would be happy to supply one, if you want a correct, dated one I can't help :D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

vvb

Hi Harry,
I don't think I really care if it is of the same vintage.  I just want it to ring!  I have never participated in a forum before.  How do I get in touch with you to find out how much you would charge for a ringer assembly that would work in my phone?
vvb

HarrySmith

I will give you the ringer as a welcome gift. All you need to do is cover postage, $5.00 for a small flat rate box should do it. Under my name is an icon for a personal message, send me your address.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"