News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

LOOK MA, NO HANDS!

Started by Craig T, March 11, 2010, 02:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig T

Thanks to the Bell TeleHelper! Now I can finally muli-task to the fullest instead of cradling this bothersome handset on my shoulder  :)

When I first bought this I could not get it to work, well I must of had it hooked up wrong, yes there are 2 wires and I had it hooked up wrong  :P  One line from the phone to the speaker and one from the company line to the speaker.

You dial the number on the rotary phone, switch on the speaker phone and simply hang up the handset. The rest of the conversation will play out on the speaker phone. Then click "off" and it will hang up the line. I thought the volume was acceptable too.

I am all about these now, but like anything cool I cannot seem to find any for sale. This one came from the estate of the woman who worked as an operator for Bell for 30+ years. The same house that the mint 354 was in and what was described as a 202 in the attic. I followed up on those for weeks, but never did get hold of anyone   :-\

Dan Panther, I can tell you one more crazy thing about our  desk setups. I keep a laminated Pan-Am Airways stock certificate at the right side and you keep your 1,000,000 dollar bills in the same place  8)

JorgeAmely

Jorge

Dan/Panther

Craig;
Both dreaming I guess.
Jorge, are you sure you didn't win the phone and just want to show it off ???
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

JorgeAmely

Jorge

Craig T

I was joking about the multi-tasking. Truth is just like the rest of you I enjoy using my rotary phones. It is nice to have the ability to go hands free for a bit if needed.

This will look great with that Brown 500 I bring in some day  :)