and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Merry Christmas!

Started by Dan/Panther, December 10, 2008, 08:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andre_janew

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Russ Kirk

Merry Christmas eveyone! May you and your family have a safe holiday season!
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

AE_Collector

A followup to my post (pg 15 - reply 217) about the CPR Christmas Train.

Original link to video of the train:
https://www.facebook.com/dbhansen2/videos/482928215211294/

There is a train bridge at Lethbridge Alberta (used to be an AE Canada Telephone manufacturing plant at Lethbridge) called the Lethbridge High Level bridge. Picture below.

A photographer caught the Holiday (Christmas) Train on the bridge in fog this year. It has been described as a picture if Santa's Sleigh. Copies were made and sold to benefit charity. Second picture Below is best if you click on it to enlarge.

Terry

About the Canadian Pacific Holiday Train
CP's annual Holiday Train program is a rolling fundraising event that travels across Canada and the United States raising money, food, and awareness for food banks and hunger issues, hosting free holiday concerts along the way. Since 1999 the program has raised over C$12 million and 3.9 million pounds of food. Each Holiday Train is about 1,000 feet in length with 14 rail cars decorated with hundreds of thousands of technology-leading LED lights and a modified boxcar that has been turned into a traveling stage for performers.

DavePEI

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas Dec 2016 from our home!
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Pourme

Merry Christmas, everyone!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

andre_janew

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

TelePlay

Quote from: AE_Collector on January 01, 2016, 12:10:20 AM
A followup to my post (pg 15 - reply 217) about the CPR Christmas Train.

After reading the Christmas posts today, noticed the one just above DavePEI's which was Terry's about the CP Christmas Train. Googled it 2016 route and stops about 1 pm to find it was coming through my area at 5:40 pm - not cutting that close, was I?

Got to a good spot about 5:10, the second car there. The train was late (anyone ever know of a train to be on schedule?). Came through about 6:20. I was about 30 feet from the tracks as it flew by (had to make up time in the schedule, I guess), but it was worth the 45  minute wait on a dark, windy 26 degree F night.

A very nice thing to see. They do it well and nothing spared on the decoration lighting. It looks much better in person and had I had more time to scout out spots, I would have picked one over an open field and at a distance, I was too close.

AE_Collector

Ahh, you made it! CP (Canadian Pacific) doesn't have much track in the US (though they were recently trying to obtain at lot more) so that is great that it came by close enough for you to go see it.

I should have had you toss a box of extra phones and stuff onboard as the Christmas Train will be here only about 5 miles from me on December 17.

Terry

Owain

Sheep is all dressed up in Santa suit and is staffing the PMBX (with a Silver Jubilee Compact as an operator phone) waiting for christmas present requests.

AE_Collector

Do you put milk and cookies out for "Sheep" on Christmas Eve?

Terry

Owain

Quote from: AE_Collector on December 08, 2016, 06:38:55 PM
Do you put milk and cookies out for "Sheep" on Christmas Eve?

We don't do "milk and cookies" in the UK.

Glass of sherry for Santa and a carrot for Rudolph are the usual offerings.

DavePEI

I have already posted our personal Christmas greeting, but I was going to go over to the Museum today to get a photo of my NE QSD-3A green payphone dressed for Christmas as we used to do before I started the Museum. Alas, I messed up my knee again this morning, and with the ice between here and the museum, decided a change of plans was in order. So, there is my N-1317 phone which we have in the house dressed for Christmas.

The phone has the proper NE MD-2127 conversion to a handset phone as was done many years ago to many of these by the telephone company to provide a more modern feel to their customers. The old transmitter and transmitter bracket was to be removed from the front of the phone and replaced with a proper apparatus blank. The Receiver and cord were to be likewise removed. The switch-hook fulcrum pin was to be removed and a correct handset fork was to be installed. These were all provided in the NE kit.

So, this will be this year's official Christmas Greeting for the Museum!
C*NET 1-651-0001

19and41

Merry Christmas!  From my AE 40, My 9-56 birthday phone and myself.  Have a warm and safe one.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

DavePEI

S'side journal 1955 from Mike Gaudet.
C*NET 1-651-0001

Sargeguy

Let's not forget Kwanzaa!
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409