News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Ebay AE40?

Started by Telephone Mike, January 03, 2013, 06:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telephone Mike

Ebay seller describes this phone as an AE40.  Wish he would have put a "Buy It Now" on it.

Mike

wds

Dave

LarryInMichigan

It looks like a homemade dial number plate.  If this goes like most AE34s, it will go through the roof.

Larry

AE_Collector

There is something odd with the dial number plate isn't there. Looks like a badly worn sticker over a newer plate with the arrows to point out the letters/numbers outside like on an AE 80.

Terry

HowardPgh

The dial is easily fixable. Nice looking phone.
Howard
Howard

George Knighton

LOL....

I'd been watching this, but from the input here I supposed I'd better back away!  :-)
Annoying new poster.

AE_Collector

Well as Howard says, not a big deal to swap out the dial or faceplate on the dial. Better than a cracked housing! Coil cord looks like a modern flat type coil cord so something older will be wanted there as well. Most likely it had its brass rings, plunger and Fingerwheel stripped of paint, polished & lacquered as opposed to it being gold matte trim but they were available in black bakelite with gold matte trim.

Terry

George Knighton

I don't know who won this, but I made him pay more for it.  :-)

When I saw that it was an AE34, I set a reminder to look in on the auction.

I'm usually pretty good at this, but I overestimated the latency of the LTE connection that I had on the road.  Usually when I'm on wireless and I bid at 30s, I lose 10s to latency...but just so you know, there is *ZERO* latency on the LTE in the Pentagon parking lot!!

LOL....

I had time to sit there until somebody re-bit often enough to get past my 215.00.

I knew it was going to happen, but that was the logical limit I'd set in my mind because I don't know anything about AE.
Annoying new poster.

George Knighton

It was only at 105.** when I bid.
Annoying new poster.

LarryInMichigan

These AE34s just don't go cheaply.

Larry

George Knighton

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on January 10, 2013, 05:46:27 PM
These AE34s just don't go cheaply.

Larry

I swear, I think if I'd known I had almost no latency, I'd have got it for something like 180.00.  :-)  I could've waited until 15s to hit the button.

Hope it went to a good home (and probably a better home than mine since I'm just starting out).
Annoying new poster.

AE_Collector

AE 35's seem to go for about double what an AE 34 goes for these days. They do seem to be even more rare. By the time they came out, wall phones were like boring old black phones where as desk phones were like shiny new Colored phones!

Terry