News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Happy Fourth of July!

Started by Dennis Markham, July 04, 2009, 12:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WEBellSystemChristian

Here's the carnage this morning after the fireworks last night!

The first picture shows the spot where the vase with the rocket was, and you can see the white ash and pieces of ceramic everywhere! The ceramic flew as far as 100 feet; I can't believe no one got hit with any of it!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

TelePlay

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on July 05, 2015, 12:27:48 AM
Well, I almost didn't have a safe 4th!

Did you see these? We were sitting so close we just leaned back in our chairs and the whole sky was filled with light. So close, we felt the concussion before we heard the sound of those large aerial bombs. Yeah, that close. Here are a few shots from the night ( the sky filling displays were to bright to photograph ). Only danger there were the multiple flying Frisbees and footballs.

The slight breeze during the show was from left to right as seen in the gold colored effects in some photos. It as not the camera being moved.

TelePlay

A few more of the good ones (only half way through editing what I took)

TelePlay

And more, great photos for wallpaper . . .  for free to you if you want any of them.

19and41

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

DavePEI

I hope you all had a safe and Happy Independence Day!

Safer than the fellow in Calais, Maine who set a mortar on top of his head, lit the firework, causing injuries which resulted in his death.

To him, I offer the following epitaph: "Rocket Man (I Think It's Going To Be A Long Long Time) And I'm gonna be high as a kite by then - I miss the earth so much I miss my wife - It's lonely out in space On such a timeless flight...."

Darwinian Awards aside, I hope all of you had a much safer and happier Holiday than he did!
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

19and41

Quote from: david@london on July 05, 2014, 09:38:04 AM
to add to paul's red, white & blue.....forum link

That one would've looked nice in a Union Pacific station.
— Arthur C. Clarke

Dennis Markham

I know it's late in the day here in the Eastern time zone....Happy July 4th 2016 to all that celebrate.  Thank you to all of the women and men that serve and sacrifice to keep us free.  We can never thank those enough that gave their lives in the name of freedom.  I am thankful to them all.

~Dennis

TelePlay

How close were we? Close enough to have a 3 inch diameter section of a 12 inch shell hit me on the foot as I was taking pictures, almost straight up. Here are a dozen from last night.

TelePlay

The second half of the dozen.

19and41

— Arthur C. Clarke

AE_Collector

It has been one long 4 day weekend party here at our cabin at Point Roberts WA. With a majority population of Canadians here (particularly in summer) in this part of Washington state the July 1 & 4 celebration tends to go on for days!

Terry

Doug Rose

Happy 4th to my telephone collector family.....Doug
Kidphone

19and41

Happy 4th from here as well!
— Arthur C. Clarke

DavePEI

Happy 4th from Canada's smallest Province!
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001