News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

The Forum Calendar

Started by HobieSport, May 06, 2009, 01:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HobieSport

Dennis thanks again for enabling the forum calendar feature. I think there is also a membership feature in the Simple Machines forum software, and I'm wondering if the group might like it being enabled.  It's just a handy membership list, and of course only shows whatever we choose to put into our own personal profiles. I've found it convenient in other forums, especially as the membership grows and I don't always quite remember who is who or how best to contact other folks.

bingster

We already have that.  Look below the forum listing on the main page, and you'll see "Members List."  Clicking that will bring up a list of members with all their public info.
= DARRIN =

HobieSport

Ah yes, thank you Bing, I didn't look there.  I was just used to having the membership list accessed in the top menu in other forums.

McHeath

Quoteespecially as the membership grows and I don't always quite remember who is who or how best to contact other folks.

You mean you've forgotten who I am already????? ;)

Bill Cahill

I know you guys have forgotten me. No one wanted to know where I was. Geez, Louise.
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

HobieSport

Haven't forgotten you, Bill.  Where was you?  Am still hoping to see a picture of your yellow 1964 554 installed on your "1950s" kitchen wall, and am still trying to find you a birthday phone in pink because I know that it's your most favorite color. ;)

McHeath?  Who is that?  Oh yeah, he's the guy who recently received a pink 500. Part of that rather exclusive Scottish club that's so expensive to join these days. 8)

Bill Cahill

I think you can keep the pink phone. It matches your pink tu tu. :D

My old comp about killed itself last week. I broke down, and, bought a refurbished one. I saved as much out of the old one as I could. I now had to ask Mark for the link, which he sent me. I finally copied it into my favorites on I E, and, Firefix, and, put a short cut on my desktop.
I'M BAAACK!!!!!!!
Bill Cahill  ;D

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

HobieSport

Bill you promised you wouldn't tell about the tu-tu.  Besides, it's more of a rose-pink or light beige.

Scary how the computer break downs can affect us so thoroughly these days. Fortunately we have backup. Classic rotary phones and a cheap unlimited long distance plan.  Glad you're back. 8)

McHeath

We let people vanish for a bit before we send out the search party.   :)  I've noticed the occasional vacuum of major players, but they usually show up again and usually after they fix their computer.  I have a zillion computers, it's one of my collections, but at any given time most of them do little more than prove that gravity is still working. 

Bill Cahill

Quote from: HobieSport on May 11, 2009, 06:33:38 PM
Bill you promised you wouldn't tell about the tu-tu.  Besides, it's more of a rose-pink or light beige.

Scary how the computer break downs can affect us so thoroughly these days. Fortunately we have backup. Classic rotary phones and a cheap unlimited long distance plan.  Glad you're back. 8)

Ah, but, you had to rub in the pink phone.. Actually, I told you it was more of a salmon color.  ;D :D
I HATE computers!!!!
Bill Cahill

HobieSport

When I am a very old man I hope to sit by the campfire and tell the younger folks how when I was a kid that I walked to school barfooted and all the telephones were Oxford Gray in color and all the laptop computers were constructed of bakelite.

Dennis Markham

Hi Gang,

Phonesrfun asked about posting telephone show information on the calendar.  I didn't realize that only Administrators were allowed to post on the calendar.  I have opened it up to all regular members to post related events here.  Since the Forum software automatically posts birthdays (if the user put in that information) that will still be done automatically along with major U.S. holidays.  Again, the software adds those.

Otherwise I'd like to see calender entries be kept on topic.

Thanks Bill for bringing to my attention that the calendar was closed to the membership.  It should be available to everyone now.

~Dennis

Phonesrfun

OK, as a test, I just posted information on the upcoming Maintland, FL show, and I had it also go to the Classifieds section.  It seems to show up in the calendar just fine.

-Bill
-Bill G

Dennis Markham

Looks good on this end, Bill.  Thanks.

bwanna

donna