News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Western Electric Model 211 Spacesaver

Started by LM Ericsson, August 19, 2014, 07:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LM Ericsson

I recently scored this beautiful Western Electric space saver from 1947. I already restored it so I do not have any before pictures. The handset on this phone is the best condition I have ever seen. No signs if deterioration. And I only got it for $52! Sorry all the pictures are sideways, I posted this through my iPhone.
Regards,
-Grayson

Kenton K

Looks very nice. What type of paint did you use, if any?

Ken

WesternElectricBen

If you open up the photos in paint, you can rotate them atm (90°.)

It looks really nice, I know you were having trouble finding a mount for it, so I'm sure you can just mount it to a l-block of wood, using screws below (from the phone) after mounted on the wall.

Ben

LM Ericsson

Quote from: Kenton K on August 19, 2014, 07:29:44 PM

Ken
The paint is all-original.
Regards,
-Grayson

Kenton K

Quote from: LM Ericsson on August 19, 2014, 09:48:07 PM
Quote from: Kenton K on August 19, 2014, 07:29:44 PM

Ken
The paint is all-original.

Wow, that is impressive, I may have a bracket, but they are in poorer condition/repainted. So it may not match.

JFKFP

Heool,
I'm looking for this model, I think the display like G6 for example refers to the year of manufacture, anyone have a list of build years to be able to identify them according to the G?
Thanks.

rdelius

G# has nothing to do with the year. it has to do with the contact arangement. I have seen these sets with dates from 1936 up to the 70s or poss later .E1. F1 and G1 handsets according to age. 3 different dial mounts and even a touch tone 2211 set