News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What happened to the Official Agitator?

Started by WEBellSystemChristian, November 20, 2013, 02:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WEBellSystemChristian

I've been reading topics on this forum that date back to 2008, and saw posts from the "Official Agitator", HELLO CENTRAL. I've been wondering, why did he stop posting in 2011? Was he tired of the forum? Did he become someone like me , a vulture that checks the forum occasionally for new information, but rarely makes a single post? I sometimes wonder about people like this...
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

WesternElectricBen

I've always been confused on him too.

Could he have been banned, I mean, official agitator.. Obviously, no one got too much out of him..

Ben

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on November 20, 2013, 04:54:23 PM
I've always been confused on him too.

Could he have been banned, I mean, official agitator.. Obviously, no one got too much out of him..

Ben

;D Seriously, I don't think that happened, everyone seemed to love him. He seemed like the "class clown" of the forum.
Christian Petterson

WesternElectricBen

Contempra

who's this member? i'm here since a year  and i've never seen this member .

Phonesrfun

He was one of the original members of the forum from the beginning.  According to the member directory, he was last on more than 2 years ago, in August of 2011.

Over the years, there have been many who have come and gone.  Some come back and some don't.
-Bill G

Doug Rose

You see some collectors who posted frequently just disappear. GG, Bingster, etc just gone. Interests change as with Finlover. One never knows. Hopefully nothing worse than losing interst...Doug
Kidphone

Russ Kirk

Quote from: Doug Rose on November 20, 2013, 06:08:34 PM
You see some collectors who posted frequently just disappear. GG, Bingster, etc just gone. Interests change as with Finlover. One never knows. Hopefully nothing worse than losing interst...Doug

Interests change,  you are soooo right.  I was very active in amateur astronomy for about 20 years. Saw just about all I could with my 8" telescope.  Now it is phones.   Still,  I have the telescope packed away until a comet comes around or to show new neighbors/friends the wonders of the universe,  right after I show them my phone collection.

I will be here for a long time.......
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

WEBellSystemChristian

You see some collectors who posted frequently just disappear. GG, Bingster, etc

I never knew Bingster isn't an active forum member anymore. He is so full of telephone knowledge.... :'(
Christian Petterson

Contempra

Sure , as regards me.. I collected many things over the years,, watches, bicycles, books, lighters.. baseball cards and kockey cards.. now I begin a phone collection and the subject of phone is exciting.. all is sold now except my phones.. A new passion but for longtime.

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on November 20, 2013, 06:44:59 PM
You see some collectors who posted frequently just disappear. GG, Bingster, etc

I never knew Bingster isn't an active forum member anymore. He is so full of telephone knowledge.... :'(

me neither!!

twocvbloke

My interests tend to change over the years, some due to environmental influence (e.g. space, lack of funds, people begging, borrowing or stealing, etc.), some just cos I've simply gotten bored of, and others cos of the other collectors involved behaving rather elitist as though it were a certified profession and making others feel like an outcast because we aren't "one of them", especially when you prove you have more knowledge than they do on a specific subject... :D

Most of the forums I have been on, I have indeed just wandered off and left them be, others I've stayed on even if I've given up the interest, but if I received a PM asking where I've gone, I'd usually answer it unless leaving is because of "bad blood", in which case I'd just not bother... :D

WEBellSystemChristian

I don't think I'll ever get bored of phones, because until phones, every hobby I've had (model trains, model cars, remote controlled cars, etc.) I have gotten bored of within a month or so, and move on to something else, but come back to it about a year later. I've been collecting phones for three months now, and its far more addictive (not to mention fun) than any hobby I've had. In fact, my dad and I go to the largest model train show in the US, Trainfest, every year. We were so caught up in phones, we completely forgot about it! ;D
Christian Petterson