News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

W.E. 1317 CN

Started by shadow67, May 15, 2018, 11:36:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadow67

I have a W.E. 1317CN wood wall phone and was wanting to connect it to my other magneto phones that are on a line together. I am trying to figure how to connect some batteries. There are no wires in the battery compartment that are for batteries. The wiring diagram shows one battery connection going to the coil and one to the microphone. the wiring from these components go into a wiring harness and I cannot determine where the other ends go to. This phone has terminals for a condenser, but it has no condenser. I am curious if the condenser terminals were configured  for the battery connection somehow? I am hoping someone here has a suggestion. Thanks

shadow67

some pics

shadow67

one more

RB

Hi
I am no expert, but...
you see the 5 connections under the shelf?
2 shud be for Batt, and 2 shud be for l1 and l2
a closer pic of the shelf, and the schematic will help.
ignore the condenser part.

shadow67

the terminal connections under the shelf are labeled thus:
COND 1   COND 2   LINE 2   GROUND   LINE 1

there are none marked for battery, which is confusing to me

shadow67

The diagram mentions the ability to wire for common battery line using the condenser connections, so I thought that maybe was why there are no batteries, but this set does not have a condenser, which I believe is required for common battery.

poplar1

Is it possible that the green and slate wires for the battery to directly from the harness to the battery -- i.e., no screw terminals other than the battery posts?
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

RB

on pic with door, clip onto top wire"slate" one side of batt.
clip onto the single "P" on the coil the other side of batt.
listen to ear piece, and talk to xmitter.
you shouls hear your voice.

shadow67

After testing awhile with an ohm meter I think I have figured it out. It appears the wires for the battery connections were screwed down on the COND 1 and COND 2 terminals for some reason, perhaps to prevent them from dangling with no batteries in the box. Next I will test with battery. Thanks for the suggestions.

shadow67

I am happy to report the phone is wired up with a couple of D cells and is working quite nicely with my other magneto phones. Thanks for the replies.