News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Vintage North Electric Deco Telephone Dark Green eBay 250731367219

Started by Doug Rose, November 30, 2010, 12:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingster

Getting the brown off made a world of difference.  Even if it's darker than the original green, it's quite a beautiful color as it stands now.  Very nice!
= DARRIN =

HarrySmith

Nice, that sure is one pretty phone :D
How does the fingerwheel attach? I have a couple of different AE fingerwheels, would one of those work?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

thanks Darrin....I am pleased with it and am worried I might cause some damage if I try to take it down too far. Uncharted territory!!

Harry...its a North dial and AE don fit it, It attaches with screws on a round rise. If North Didn't make a clear, I will have to change the dial out, something I really don't want to do....thanks...Doug
Kidphone

paul-f

Notrh made clear fingerwheels -- however they're a challenge to find.  Try Ray K.  He made some colored ones a few years ago and may have made clear as well.

- - Added photos of a grey/red set showing the screws that hold on the FW and a green set with a green FW.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Doug Rose

thanks Paul....My green is just about the same color as the one you showed in your pics. Love that green finger wheel, but I'll settle for a clear one. Steve H is looking for me when he gets back next week....Doug
Kidphone

baldopeacock

Great find - that's a pretty amazing color for that time, it seems to me.   I like it.

Doug Rose

Quote from: paul-f on December 07, 2010, 06:18:25 PM
Notrh made clear fingerwheels -- however they're a challenge to find.  Try Ray K.  He made some colored ones a few years ago and may have made clear as well.

- - Added photos of a grey/red set showing the screws that hold on the FW and a green set with a green FW.
Paul...great information!! Do you know if the green fingerwheel was bakelite or was it painted to match. From the pictures, it looks way to close to have been painted. My guess is its bakelite and mine must have been broken in its life as it came the with black plastic model.....thanks for all the superb knowledge you share with us!!!....Doug
Kidphone

paul-f

The green FW was definitely not painted and was some form of plastic.  I have a set with a damaged green FW I'd love to replace.  I'm not holding my breath, and will probably try to use a clear one also.

BTW, the November TCI Singing Wires bonus pages includes a 4-page scan of a color North Catalog.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line