News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Does anyone have this Johnnie Walker telephone?

Started by RotaryOne, January 24, 2016, 05:46:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RotaryOne

Found this advertisement for a Johnnie Walker Red telephone.   I was wondering if anyone had one.

AE_Collector

Now that you mention it, it looks as though I do have one!

Except mine is called a Northern Telecom Contempra.

Terry

RotaryOne

Yes! They probably contracted with Northern Telecom Contempra and put the Johnnie Walker logo on the bottom corner of some of them.  Thanks for sharing.

CanadianGuy

I was working in someone's home recently, in a not-so-great part of town, and they had a brown contempra on the table. I didn't look too see if it was touchtone or rotary (I think they available in both?) but it was still being used as a regular phone. They probably don't see it as anything more than that.

Jim Stettler

Quote from: CanadianGuy on January 25, 2016, 11:39:48 PM
I was working in someone's home recently, in a not-so-great part of town, and they had a brown contempra on the table. I didn't look too see if it was touchtone or rotary (I think they available in both?) but it was still being used as a regular phone. They probably don't see it as anything more than that.

When I used to work in homes (high end houses with security systems), I would ask to examine interesting telephones. People were surprised but I would tell them things about there phones. Early on I was at a rich trust-fund brats house. He had some cool phones. I mentioned to his wife that I could get the proper parts to compleate them and he took great offense that I would consider his 80-90% original phones as less than 100%. He called my boss, said I was an idiot, said his wife (who wanted to make it happen) considered me an idiot and I was banned from his property ( I was listening in on my buttset).

The situation was I was the only qualified tech to make his Crappy self-designed system work to any degree. I had to still service the system only I had to schedule it in conjunction with the property manager, the wife and the groundskeeper. His groundskeeper was an old lady that he revered and who liked me, his wife liked me as well. The property manager made a high salary by getting things done by qualified people who pissed off the rich guy, but were the only qualified folks to make things work. Most of the time the rich guy didn't realize they were the workers he disliked. In my case he knew me, and I had to fix things when he was out of town.
All in a days work,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

HarrySmith

Here's an auction of an NOS Color Change Kit, you can build your own!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262296379065
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"