News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Need Help Wiring a 50AL - Upgraded to 151AL w/ 5H Dial & NE 585A Subset

Started by gands-antiques, February 11, 2016, 02:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poplar1

You also have the blue wire (one of the two harness wires that is wrapped around the original 3-conductor harness) and the black (transmitter) wire from the harness reversed.

The blue harness wire should go to B-Y on the small terminal block.
The black harness wire should go to BK on the dial (along with the black wire from the subset).
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

gands-antiques

Thanks Poplar...I added pictures of hookswitch.

Thanks a lot.

Gary 

poplar1

OK, the hookswitch connections look right.

As for my previous comment, I actually can't tell in the photo ( Yesterday at 02:59:41 PM) which black wire is from the harness and which is from the 4-conductor cord from the subset. In any case, both of these should be on BK of the dial, and the blue harness wire, currently on the dial, should be moved to the B-Y terminal (next to RR) on the terminal block inside the phone.

gands-antiques

Poplar,

I made all of the wiring changes you gave me and the phone is working perfectly now with all functions. Dials perfectly and transmits and receives loud and clear. 

Thank you very much and thanks to all of the other members who provided information.

Thanks,
Gary

poplar1

You're welcome. Just remember that when using the correct factory parts (or WE repair shop cords like the harness), the wire colors  should be what the terminals indicate, and the wires should be the exact length needed to reach the intended terminals.

The only exception here is that the white receiver wire might be a little too short. That's because on a 2A dial, the W terminal would be next to BB (where the R terminal is on a 5H), so with all 3 S-hooks (strain reliefs) connected to the same post, as you have them, all the leads would have been the exact length needed.

gands-antiques

I haven't connected the strain reliefs yet so maybe I could spread them out on the two brackets instead of all on one bracket??

Thanks,
Gary 

poplar1

Quote from: gands-antiques on February 12, 2016, 10:49:03 AM
I haven't connected the strain reliefs yet so maybe I could spread them out on the two brackets instead of all on one bracket??

Thanks,
Gary 

Well, they are designed to all go on the bracket where you have them.