News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Up coming Phone Collection Auction 9-15-2022

Started by Darkstar2006, September 08, 2022, 10:04:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkstar2006

While scanning AUCTIONZIP I found an auction in Andreas Pa. This auction will be selling other things, but has someone's phone collection included. it is at:

Andreas Station House
42 Andreas Rd
Andreas Pa. 18211
Thurs Sept 15, 2022
time: TBA (as of 9/8/2022)

The auctioneer Dean R. Arner website doesn't have any info, at all, on any of his auctions. So a link would be worthless and confusing. 
There are pictures in the photo gallery on AUCTIONZIP
As I scan the pictures, I've noticed the lack of WE dial cards and rings on the phones. I wonder if there are "part boxes" not pictured?
I've never been to Andreas Pa. If I can get away, I might go.
I guess I should state, That I DO NOT have any affiliation with the Auctionzip, the auctioneer, Andreas, or the consignor. I post this for information purpose that some of the fine people that read this BLOG may be interested. Good Luck! 
Dave

Why do people with cell phones use "old phone" as their ring tone?

-Dave S.

Doug Rose

Kidphone

Darkstar2006

Opps sorry I am so use to AUCTIONZIP that I made assumptions.
AUCTIONZIP is a customizable auction search engine. cost nothing and nothing to join.
WWW.AUCTIONZIP.COM

Fill in the search criteria and a calendar pops up with auctions happening on the days of the month. So I guess if you are not familiar with Penna. I would just enter 18211 (Andreas Pa.) zip code and look at Sept 15 auctions

-Dave S.

Doug Rose

Quote from: Darkstar2006 on September 08, 2022, 11:49:38 AMOpps sorry I am so use to AUCTIONZIP that I made assumptions.
AUCTIONZIP is a customizable auction search engine. cost nothing and nothing to join.
WWW.AUCTIONZIP.COM

Fill in the search criteria and a calendar pops up with auctions happening on the days of the month. So I guess if you are not familiar with Penna. I would just enter 18211 (Andreas Pa.) zip code and look at Sept 15 auctions
thanks Dave...Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Darkstar2006

The Auction: postmortem
I went to this auction to see if I could pick up a 554c for my 51c candlestick. I will post what I bought in the appropriate thread.

Now, I am not what I would call a true collector but an enthusiast who enjoys the use and ring of the old phones. I do have a massive collection of American Flyer Trains.

I found this auction to be a sad statement about collecting phones (or toy trains). I think like most collectors, we buy for the fun of collecting and not care about what our collection is worth. If you are concerned about how much your collection is worth this auction would jolt you into reality.

There really wasn't any of the really high collectables (colored plastic phones etc.) But a cow bell ringer went for $30 bucks! Some things, including candlesticks sold from tray lots "high bid picks". 3 slot pay phones (a few really nice w/keys) sold for parts prices. Then it went strictly tray lots of (3) subsets, (6) D1 or 500 series went for $30 or less a tray, as did magnetos. A box loaded with candlestick parts $50.

Fun for me, but I still felt sad for the consigner. The auctioneer worked his butt off to sell the collection. 
Dave

-Dave S.