News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

HOT OFF THE PRESS! CLEAR(ish) AE47

Started by kleenax, May 21, 2018, 03:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldguy

Outstanding phone. I've always liked AE47 (I think that's what it is). The SEAGLASS version is beautiful.
Gary

JorgeAmely

Jorge

Nick in Manitou

kleenax

Quote from: JorgeAmely on May 22, 2018, 12:41:31 AM
Ray, handset too?
Yes, Jorge; handset too. They are completely separate processes, so I will do those later.
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

tubaman

JorgeAmely

Is there a chance you may make a cast set of shell, handset and caps in another semi transparent color? I am sure there are people out there that have not so nice looking AE40s that would be willingly to transplant their sets into a new set of plastics ...
Jorge

kleenax

Quote from: JorgeAmely on May 22, 2018, 12:57:48 PM
Is there a chance you may make a cast set of shell, handset and caps in another semi transparent color? I am sure there are people out there that have not so nice looking AE40s that would be willingly to transplant their sets into a new set of plastics ...
But this is an AE Model 47.
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

Hotline

HarrySmith

Ray. In your second picture on the left side there is 6 or so dark "pegs" near the rear of the case. Are those bosses to be drilled or tapped?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

kleenax

Quote from: HarrySmith on May 23, 2018, 04:48:28 PM
Ray. In your second picture on the left side there is 6 or so dark "pegs" near the rear of the case. Are those bosses to be drilled or tapped?
Harry;
those are the cast-in-place brass threaded inserts. This is what all of those brass screws thread into that hold all of the terminal wires in the body of the phone.
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

kleenax

Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

HarrySmith

Quote from: kleenax on May 23, 2018, 08:37:34 PM
Harry;
those are the cast-in-place brass threaded inserts. This is what all of those brass screws thread into that hold all of the terminal wires in the body of the phone.

OK, that makes sense. TY
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

FABphones

I'm not usually a fan of see through phones but these Kleenax phones are something else and the only ones I like.
A whole shelf - or even better - display of these would be amazing.
Very clever and dedicated work.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

kleenax

Quote from: FabPhones on May 24, 2018, 07:38:48 AM
I'm not usually a fan of see through phones but these Kleenax phones are something else and the only ones I like.
A whole shelf - or even better - display of these would be amazing.
Very clever and dedicated work.
Thank you; most appreciated!
Ray Kotke (aka Kleenax)
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC