News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Western Electric Teaching Aid?

Started by WEBellSystemChristian, August 23, 2015, 07:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WEBellSystemChristian

This is a pretty interesting ebay item. It looks like a telephone model for children; showing how to build a phone! It also looks like it shows how a phone works. This is a first for me!

http://m.ebay.com/itm/311427174180
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

andre_janew

I saw that and the manual was published in 1953.  I guess I'm not the only one who didn't realize such a teaching aid existed!  If such a teaching aid were around today, I imagine it would have a touch tone dial instead of a rotary dial.

Doug Rose

This wasn't a teaching aid like a teletrainer, it was to assemble a phone in a classroom. You built a working phone from the parts included. Very nice, I had one that I ran out of room with a few years ago....Doug
Kidphone

Phonesrfun

Somehow the lamp cord (zip cord) does not seem like something any Bell System company would include in anything, be it a trainer or whatever.  I could be wrong, but I'm just saying...

Doug, did yours have that kind of cord on it?
-Bill G

Doug Rose

Bill....it had line cord that you would screw in to the correct terminals. There must have been a "teletrainer" type base set that it wired into so the kids could call the others in the class...Doug
Kidphone