and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Storage Space - Photos

Started by Dennis Markham, April 13, 2009, 09:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mienaichizu

so that is why I can't post some photos

Dennis Markham

Did you just try and post some now and it didn't work?  I just uploaded a photo and it worked fine.  Give it another try.

mienaichizu

not yet tried as of now, yes I will post up something later, thanks Dennis

Dan/Panther

Bill;
Who the Hell is Freddie  ??? ???  :o ;D
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dan/Panther

If you will look at the bottom of a posted photo, it will give you a number in KB.
Most photos I've checked are in the 3000 or higher range.
If you will look under a photo that I've compressed it will say 35.5 KB, that means I could post 100 photos just like the one I posted at 35.5 KB compared to one that is 3500 KB. Even at 1000 KB, I could post 30 of one that is compressed to 35.5KB's.
Check it out that is where the storage space is going.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dennis Markham

Dan, you're right.  I thought the program was converting them to the maximum size that I set in the Admin section (640X480).  I guess it will help if everyone resizes their photos before posting.

Bill Cahill

I keep a program  that will re-size to a smaller picture, and, always do so.
I mail it to myself, post it in MY Documents folder, and, use that folder to upload here.
Bill Cahill  ;D

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Dennis Markham

That sounds like a good plan Bill.

Greg G.

I've always prefered using Imageshack or Photobucket to post pictures rather than the internal method.  Reason for that is with the internal method, I have to resize the photo, upload it to my personal site, then manually type in the URL to each photo.  With Imageshack, I only upload them, then I can either choose to post thumbnails or create a link to a gallery.  Imageshack resizes it automatically and creates a URL that I can just copy/paste.  You can also click on it to view the "raw" image for a closeup of details.  I specifically disable comments because I'm only using it to host the picture file.  The picture itself is usually being used to ask a question on a forum.   

Drawback to these sites is you can go in and snoop at my other unrelated pictures as well.  Be afraid, be very afraid!   :o
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

BDM

Easy, I simply click "additional options" found below the message body. Then upload my pics right from my PC.

Such as the last engine I installed in my 1970 GTX. Or a co-worker who likes to sleep on the job. Pics like these can prove deadly at times :o
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

AET

BDM, I didn't know you were a car buff!  I thought I was the only one here!
- Tom

Bill Cahill

Ahh hem!!!

I can't drive, so have no cars.
However, I like 50's classics on down to turn of the century.
I really admire tha antique cars, and, trucks.
Bill Cahill  ;D

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

BDM

Quote from: AtomicEraTom on April 16, 2009, 11:48:31 PM
BDM, I didn't know you were a car buff!  I thought I was the only one here!

Major car buff.....Most of my Friday & Saturday nights were spent racing in the 1980s. Either at the track or otherwise. I used to build engines even when I didn't have a car to stuff one into. I think I enjoy the build more than anything else.
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

bingster

Car buff here, too.  We should start a separate topic for this and go to town.
= DARRIN =

BDM

I agree. Anything further should be taken to the Off Topic forum
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI