News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

'Nuther Pet Peeve WE 331B Portable Telephone

Started by DavePEI, July 10, 2012, 05:57:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE_Collector

Yes as I said in a previous post in this topic....it is real nice to occasionally hear of a situation that actually turns out SO much better than anyone thought possible. It just doesn't seem to happen often enough.

Terry

DavePEI

Twocvbloke, how is your brother doing? I hope it is as well as Steve turned out?

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

twocvbloke

Quote from: DavePEI on October 04, 2013, 05:57:58 AM
Twocvbloke, how is your brother doing? I hope it is as well as Steve turned out?

Dave

Physically he's pretty much recovered, mentally though he's a different person, he's had a lot of difficulty with day to day life, and living 100 miles from us makes it hard for us to help, but he's moving up here this weekend, which is the result of yet another tragedy in the family which I hadn't mentioned here, one of my uncles died on, of all days, Friday the 13th of sept. (we had the funeral last Friday, pretty much 2 weeks on the dot from death to service, he died at about 3pm and the service was at 2:45pm), and the other uncle, as they were twins, can't live in the house he's in on his own as the cost is just too much, so the brother's moving in to fill the gap and get the family support he needs...

The things that have happened with my brother though in the past year, it just boggles the mind at how lax this country is at helping people in desperate need of support (in the brother's case, pretty much with everything bas hygiene and toilet duties), that and his ex who keeps manipulating him (as mentioned before) to give up all his money he receives and needs from state benefits to live his life is just downright despicable, he's apparently not had any food in his house this past week because of her, so all the better for moving him up here where he can be fed and sheltered properly, as the house he's leaving is a complete dump by all accounts too, my shed would be an upgrade from that place, but, from this weekend, it's onwards and upwards, one hopes!! ::)

DavePEI

Quote from: twocvbloke on October 04, 2013, 06:30:53 AM
Quote from: DavePEI on October 04, 2013, 05:57:58 AM

Dave

Physically he's pretty much recovered, mentally though he's a different person, he's had a lot of difficulty with day to day life, and living 100 miles from us makes it hard for us to help, but he's moving up here this weekend, which is the result of yet another tragedy in the family which I hadn't mentioned here, one of my uncles died on, of all days, Friday the 13th of sept. (we had the funeral last Friday, pretty much 2 weeks on the dot from death to service, he died at about 3pm and the service was at 2:45pm), and the other uncle, as they were twins, can't live in the house he's in on his own as the cost is just too much, so the brother's moving in to fill the gap and get the family support he needs...

The things that have happened with my brother though in the past year, it just boggles the mind at how lax this country is at helping people in desperate need of support (in the brother's case, pretty much with everything bas hygiene and toilet duties), that and his ex who keeps manipulating him (as mentioned before) to give up all his money he receives and needs from state benefits to live his life is just downright despicable, he's apparently not had any food in his house this past week because of her, so all the better for moving him up here where he can be fed and sheltered properly, as the house he's leaving is a complete dump by all accounts too, my shed would be an upgrade from that place, but, from this weekend, it's onwards and upwards, one hopes!! ::)
One can only hope his life turns around soon. It is hard enough to have the problems he has had without all these additional stressors added. Best of luck to him, and hopefully, he will soon recover as Steve has!

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

twocvbloke

Another issue cropped up, the other brother of mine who was meant to bring him up is unable to, as like me, he has a sleep disorder (his is ME though, which is a whole different ball game to what I have to deal with!!), so, because of that, he can't drive 150 miles (he has to travel from blackpool aswell) when he's in the state he's currently in, so, yeah, things are delayed a bit now... :-\