News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Parts needed to convert a black phone to blue?

Started by sclark4bama, May 16, 2013, 08:01:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sclark4bama

I have a rotary phone from the '70's. nothing particularly special, just a black desk phone. My daughter wants to paint it blue and use it at her wedding reception. We have a blue handset cord but have no idea where to find a blue number plate or how to paint the one we have and keep the numbers white. She's not getting married til next May but we are trying to get this kind of stuff tended to ASAP. Does anybody have any suggestions?  Thanks in advance!

Phonesrfun

Quote from: sclark4bama on May 16, 2013, 08:01:59 AM
I have a rotary phone from the '70's. nothing particularly special, just a black desk phone. My daughter wants to paint it blue and use it at her wedding reception. We have a blue handset cord but have no idea where to find a blue number plate or how to paint the one we have and keep the numbers white. She's not getting married til next May but we are trying to get this kind of stuff tended to ASAP. Does anybody have any suggestions?  Thanks in advance!

Maybe a better route would be to go on e-bay and buy a blue phone.
-Bill G

HarrySmith

Here is a nice blue AE on ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/300906386961
After you use it for the wedding you could sell it to Terry ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

sclark4bama

Thanks so much, Harry! I think she's decided to keep the black. She's going to use it and an old royal typewriter at her guest sign in table!  I appreciate all your effort!

AE_Collector

Quote from: HarrySmith on May 16, 2013, 06:34:47 PM
After you use it for the wedding you could sell it to Terry ;D

No thanks, I'm already married!

Terry