News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A question I should know

Started by Kenny C, April 18, 2010, 10:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny C

I bought an all matching dates 12-65 green WE desk set and It will not ring. It does not have a frequency ringer on it it has a regular ringer. It will dial out and I can talk on it but it will not ring. I have it wired just like all of my others but it still won't ring. I can not put any pics on here because our computer does not have a slot for it.
          I know it is a rookie question but I am still a rookie. Any tips will be much appreciated
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Phonesrfun

The most common cause of that is where the black ringer wire is connected.  If it is connected to the G terminal on the network, move it to L1.  99% of the time this will solve the problem.
-Bill G

Kenny C

should I put both slate and black together
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

paul-f

Use this diagram for reference to check your wiring:
  http://www.telephonecollectors.org/library/weco/500cd.pdf

and move the black lead from G to L1 as Bill suggested.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Phonesrfun

Use the diagram that Paul suggests, with the exception of the black wire.  Therefore the ringer should be connected as follows:

Red=L2
Black= L1 (The diagram shows it going to G, but trust me.... hook it to L1)
Slate=K
Slate/Red=A

Do not do as the diagram suggests with the Black wire.  It has black going to G.  Black should go to L1.  Basically, if you are using a modular plug and line cord, this change needs to be made.  If you are not using a modular line cord, then you can leave it as the diagram dictates, but then the yellow line cord wire needs to be connected to the green line cord wire.  It is easiest just to put the black to L1 on the network.

-Bill G

Dan

"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Kenny C

i got it fixed YAY i love it here
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

paul-f

Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line