Started by DavePEI, October 05, 2012, 10:31:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

Great freeby...

Bacon rules.... :o
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

AE_Collector

You are doing quite well on the Find of the Month lately and it is a new month!

Terry

DavePEI

Quote from: AE_collector on October 07, 2012, 12:05:37 PM
You are doing quite well on the Find of the Month lately and it is a new month!
Hi Terry:

I wasn''t going to, as it is hard to compete with Ray's finds (look what happened last October with my Strowger 11 digit  :), but I am sure the price for mine was much better, nothing!

So, I have posted it for interest sake, anyway.

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Doug Rose

Quote from: southernphoneman on February 27, 2013, 06:17:12 PM
can someone answer this question?i know this not about a 302 but this is in regards to a 202. can you take a dialess 202 and install a dial in it ?i would appreciate any response. thankyou.
You sure can, same with a 302....welcome to the Forum....Doug
Kidphone

southernphoneman

ItalianAce

That's a neat phone. What I like about your 302 is the additional pat dates I circled in red that you dont see often on the 302s especially white color. Was this a WE or NE 302?

poplar1

NE has white paint, patent dates, and the day, month and year on the induction coil and ringer. WE has vermillion paint, no patent dates, and only the quarter and year (IV 50)
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

ItalianAce

I thought that...but I wasn't entirely sure. I not a follwer/collector of Northern Electric Canada so not verse with their production style. I do see some WE 302s where whomever restored it will throw a NE Dial into it.

ItalianAce

You knows whats interesting is one can get a dial plated (non dial) house/apartment phone for cheap online. Maybe $50 at times on ebay (like a 302) and than pick up a stand alone #5 dial (Im seeing some of the later 5Hs going for as low as $35.00) and install it (if one knows how of course) compared to paying or bidding $350 for one already combind. Dial date might not match housing or internal dates, but cost wise a big difference. On the other hand...one can try to find the matching dial to fit the non-dial phone since some WE 302s/202s that come up with dials the dials are usually later install (either by Bell or whomever worked on the phone such as a IV41 302 with a 5H IV 51 dial or #6 dial). Or...lol...pick up a dialess 302 and add in a #2A(X) or #4 converted dial (stamp dated or not) to get that nice click-clack dial sound. I guess getting technical about it.