News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

At last, I got a TA-312/PT

Started by dsk, November 10, 2017, 01:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

During a long peride, I have looked for, and bid on some, but no to expensive, and shipping to Norway are pretty often $65-120 so I pass or loose the bidding. Thanks to 2 friends on Facebook I found, and got this for a reasonable cost. $60.85 delivered on my desk. 

No I can put on my autovon keypad and call............ :o   Wait a little I  cant, It's no rotary, so I have to set up a Smart1 to change from tone to pulse.  No problem it's ready  :)

This shall be fun, even when its not a rotary!  ;) :) ;D

dsk

19and41

Congratulations!  Just in time for veterans day!
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

dsk

We do not celebrate veterans day here, We probably should.  Not for my kind, just serving here in Norway 82-83. No big risk, we had a few sharp alarms due to the threats from Russia, but no fights.  We should honor those men who risked their lives in real sharp situations. We just forget them, if they not are able to work, we give them an absolute minimum to survive.

So... what is your definition of veterans?

dsk

19and41

For me, it is a person who fulfilled a commitment to serve in their nations' military and who have done so whether in time of war or peace.   There are also those who during times of active conflict while not taking up arms due to conscientious objections honorably served in unarmed non- combatant positions, some in war zones.  I consider them as veterans.  But that is just my opinion.   I was a cold warrior also, serving from 1974-81 in the Army in the US and Europe.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

RB

That's a nice phone there!!! looks a lot like mine.
is the keypad what the round connector is for?
are there any other applications for that round connector?

dsk

The round connector is only meant to be used for a Headset named H-144/U and for the keypad  TA-955/PT only. Other handsets etc are usually not having the right wires on the plug. The Autovon keypad has a built in battery (6V) and are just connected with 2 wires out in parallel with the transmitter capsule. It snaps on, and has a shield stopping you from using the generator. The headset are used on SB22 and probably other units I have tested a handset H-33/PT but that one is missing a connection between contacts J and K, and does not work OK. The Switch INT EXT works as a hook switch for that headset.

dsk

RB