News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WANTED -- AE Desk set parts needed

Started by stub, January 21, 2018, 11:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stub

I need some help to finish this manual desk set . I thought I had the parts here but of course I can't find them . I need the parts ( shown in the center of this connecting strip ) to finish number 1 and 8 or a complete connecting strip. Any help will be greatly appreciated . PM me with price. Thanks,  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

AE_Collector

I am probably not remembering correctly but John built a terminal strip similar to this for that impressive restoration he did of an AE stick. I can't recall what he had and what he had to make but if he found a source for the terminals we should know about it soon. Maybe it was just the backing piece (insulator) he needed.

Terry

stub

Terry,
         I think it was just the backing piece (insulator) he needed also.  Thanks , Ken
Kenneth Stubblefield

TelePlay

Yes, just the insulator, found the complete terminal strip on eBay.

AE_Collector

Quote from: TelePlay on January 22, 2018, 09:05:33 AM
Yes, just the insulator, found the complete terminal strip on eBay.

Someone listed just the strip or in a junker Phone? And was this the strip that was missing the insulator?

Terry

TelePlay

Quote from: AE_Collector on January 22, 2018, 11:48:53 AM
Someone listed just the strip or in a junker Phone? And was this the strip that was missing the insulator?

Terry

I bought the terminal strip on eBay after watching for about 2 months as a BIN item. It was just the strip with all the screws and metal solder tab bands.

That's when I discovered I needed the insulator strip which I had to make.

Yes, I've seen junker parts phones on eBay with the strip in the base, just the base and column and strip. Those come up more often than the strip alone.

AE_Collector

Okay that all makes sense. I have an AE model 7 that I am contemplating parting out. Sent Ken a PM.

Terry

Russ Kirk

Here is what I have.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

stub

Russ ,
         That Sir , will work !!  Thanks !!  I appreciate your help . stub

Terry,
         Thank you too Sir .  I appreciate all your help .  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

AE_Collector

Is this another project needing one of Teleplays custom made insulators or does Russ have it as well...or do you already have that piece Ken?

Terry

stub

Terry,
         I have all of it but the connecting brass pieces that are in the middle of my org. pic..  Russ has the parts but no brass screws . The tabs will come off with the screw removed and wire unsoldered . Thanks ,stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

poplar1

Are the terminal screws from a Bakelite 21 or 1A base compatible? May be a different color, but are the threads the same? 
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

AE_Collector

Might even be the same as the terminal screws in AE40 & 50 though they are usually chromed.

Terry

stub

David,
         Yes ,they are the same . I can use a couple of silver ones as it won't be seen when the base is on .Thanks,  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

poplar1

I have 2 broken Bakelite bases -- 1A and 21 -- if you need any screws from them.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.