News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Home Made Subset

Started by HarrySmith, March 23, 2018, 06:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

I came across this on eBay just now. Wooden home made subset on a Kellogg candlestick. Somebody put a lot of work into this. Did a nice job too!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/162961474033
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

cihensley@aol.com

Excellent craftsmanship on the box.

Chuck

twocvbloke

Very neat creation, though one thing stands out to me, they seem to have assembled the base as per a 2500 phone, but on a wood base, if I'd have made something like this, I'd probably just leave the parts on the base and mounted that to the wood box, so it was still as per the original 2500 phone, but with the stick up top on the wood base... :)

HarrySmith

Quote from: twocvbloke on March 23, 2018, 08:19:43 PM
Very neat creation, though one thing stands out to me, they seem to have assembled the base as per a 2500 phone, but on a wood base, if I'd have made something like this, I'd probably just leave the parts on the base and mounted that to the wood box, so it was still as per the original 2500 phone, but with the stick up top on the wood base... :)

Yes, I was thinking the same thing. Why go through all that work when all the parts are in the same location?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Pourme

It's unique. I like what someone did. Once the hard part was done, the top cover, why not finish it off with a new base as well? That was the easy part.  Someone obviously had talent and experience and tools to create something special. In all not a bad price for the effort involved.

Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service