News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Elektrisk Bureau 1924 Barn Fresh!

Started by dsk, May 02, 2018, 01:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

With help from Ralph Meyer we have determined the winding-ratio of the induction coil to be 1:1.45

dsk

dsk

I opened it up again yesterday, and the smell are still there, probably in the textile insulation.  That gives Barn Fresh a greater reality. ;D

dsk

That spelling ...  >:(
;) 

countryman

Quote from: dsk on May 03, 2018, 03:32:27 PMThe dial looks like this on the rear:

I have not seen others with that solution, and they left it in 1928, when they started making dials again in 1942, it was pretty equal to the Antwerp dials.

dsk

That is an interesting dial. It looks much like one which I found on a Swedish "Televerket" intermediate phone (first pic). It also remotely resembles a rare "Type TA-3" dial which can be found on early 1920ies Fuld phones (pic 2 and 3). They have a unique dished finger wheel and also run very smooth an reliable. The design was far superior to contemporary Siemens & Halske dials. I have not yet found out who actually manufactured them.

dsk

The dial is stamped; Eltrisk Bureau Oslo, so its probably made in 1925, the first year of Oslo.
Several dials from EB and LME may look identical until you oen them up.