News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

1940 Northern Electric Uniphone - No. 2 Burled Walnut

Started by ....., October 24, 2019, 09:38:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Today's find. Picked up this 1940 Northern Electric Uniphone - No. 2  Burled Walnut Wall Set with a NU handset and a 5H dial.
Should clean up nicely.

Babybearjs

Nice Phone. I've got one in Black... real simple to restore, Just add a back board and mount it! kind of hard to get to dial out though.... the schematic follows the 302, and I couldn't get mine to dial out.... had to use a AE dial....
John

Quote from: Babybearjs on October 24, 2019, 10:54:44 PM
Nice Phone. I've got one in Black... real simple to restore, Just add a back board and mount it! kind of hard to get to dial out though.... the schematic follows the 302, and I couldn't get mine to dial out.... had to use a AE dial....

John

I have one of these already, it is a 1948 with the F1 handset and a Siemens #10 dial. I also have a 1948 desk set with the HU handset and 5H dial.
I have the black sets as well.

Doug Rose

Doug...that is a pair that beats three of a kind. Beautiful set...other Doug
Kidphone

RB

Got the uniphone cleaned up today and swapped out the NU handset and put it on my 1948 wall set to match my 48 desk set.
The 1940 one has parts from different years so the F1 will work on it.
Here are the 3 together.

CanadianGuy

Love the old MTS logo. I've seen a few of those logos in my travels.

Quote from: CanadianGuy on October 25, 2019, 11:02:49 PM
Love the old MTS logo. I've seen a few of those logos in my travels.

That one came out of Winnipeg from the Mortimer collection. From your lead.

dsk

Congratulations!
Both the design, and the brown color is fascinating! Her in Noway I have never seen a real brown bakelite phone. I have one brownish, and my guess it that it is a fail during the production, but the they did let it go because of the far to small production.

dsk

CanadianGuy

Quote from: Duffy on October 25, 2019, 11:19:59 PM
That one came out of Winnipeg from the Mortimer collection. From your lead.

Nice! I wonder how things turned out for them. I should send them an email and see if they came across anything since the last updated list. Still bummed out that he's gone, even though I didn't know him personally. All that knowledge and passion just gone. That's life :(

Quote from: CanadianGuy on October 26, 2019, 08:44:38 PM
Nice! I wonder how things turned out for them. I should send them an email and see if they came across anything since the last updated list. Still bummed out that he's gone, even though I didn't know him personally. All that knowledge and passion just gone. That's life :(

That was one of the last pieces that they sold to me. They told me the rest was going to be auctioned off. Myself and another collector thought about driving to Winnipeg to check out the whole collection. It would have been a 24 hour drive for us. That never happened. I bought quite a few nice pieces from them at very reasonable prices. Nice additions to my collection. Thanks for the tip!

CanadianGuy