News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

When auto-bidders go wrong...

Started by twocvbloke, January 09, 2015, 04:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twocvbloke

Or, more accurately, when I forget I have two identical items set to auto-bid...

Well, long story short, I was after buying a replacement wifi router to replace my dying D-Link DIR-615, so I found a bunch of like-for-like replacements on the bay new & unused, two I put into the myIbidder site forgetting about them, and today, I found I'd won them both... ::)

So, I have two identical routers on the way, all cos I forgot to double-check my auto bidding list...

First time I've made this error, but, I'm sure it won't be the last... ::)

AE_Collector

At least the two bids weren't against yourself for the SAME router! That way maybe you could have paid the same amount of money for a SINGLE router.

Terry

twocvbloke

I don't think ebay would have mixed up two separate bids on the same item for the same username, if Bid A is over a lower amount than Bid B, it just increases your maximum bid amount that the ebay auction would automatically bid up to for you... ;D

Still, doesn't excuse my error, but at least I'll have a spare router regardless... ;D

twocvbloke

Well, one of the two routers arrived today, works nicely and now I have a PSU to run my Linksys PAP2t, seeing as it came without a PSU and the one I was using was for the Roku and that's been returned to service since I got fibre... :)